Andhra University (AU), Visakhapatnam Overview Overview
Andhra University College of Engineering (AUCE) was established in 1946 in the Composite Madras State. Later, in 1955, it shifted to the North Campus of the Andhra University in Visakhapatnam. The college has been ranked at #69 by NIRF.
The college offers 17 UG and 35 PG courses along with the Research courses such as BE, B.Tech and B.Arch at UG level and ME, M.Tech, MCA, M.Sc., and M.Planning at PG level. The admission to the university is done on the basis of the entrance exam. The application process for these courses is online.
Andhra University College of Engineering Highlights
|Established in | Institute type||1946 | Autonomous|
|Affiliated to||Andhra University|
|Accredited by||National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), NBA|
|Supported by||Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme (TEQIP)|
|Courses offered||B.E., B. Tech., M. E., M. Tech., M.S., etc.|
|Entrance Exam||AP EAMCET, GATE, and AP PGECET|
|Admission Criteria||Merit and Entrance test|
Andhra University College of Engineering Admission
The application process for admission to this college is online. Students for all the courses are selected on the basis of merit.
How to Apply?
- Candidates should go through the information brochure on the website carefully.
- Visit the website of the respective exam conducting body to access the application form.
- Fill out the application form. All the information entered by the students must be correct and complete.
- Upload the required documents in the given specifications.
- Pay the online application fee.
- Submit the form and save and download it for future use.
- The Reservation Policy of the Government of Andhra Pradesh is followed for the process of admission.
- Students must fill in all the eligibility criteria and apply for the test in order to be considered for admission.
- The University reserves the right to cancel any admission on any step of the process.
Andhra University College of Engineering Scholarship
- The students who are eligible for the courses can apply for the Social Welfare/ Tribal Welfare Scholarships of the Government of Andhra Pradesh.
- PG GATE qualified students are given UGC/ AICTE Fellowships.
Andhra University College of Engineering Facilities
- Hostel: Hostel facility is available to a limited number of students taking the 6-year B. Tech. + M. Tech. Dual Degree Course. Hostels are assigned strictly on the basis of merit. Hygienic food, 24/7 high-speed Wi-fi id provided. Each room consists of 4 individuals.
- Anti Ragging: Ragging is strictly prohibited and may lead to expulsion from the college. The college reserves the right of refusal to provide hostel to any student without stating any reason.
- Alumni Donation: Alumni of the college have donated for the construction of an auditorium with 300 capacity, fully functional hospital worth more than INR 50 lakhs, and a seminar hall worth INR 25 Lakhs.
Andhra University College of Engineering FAQs
Q. Can I apply for the course even though my graduation results are still awaited?
Q. Is counseling done prior to admission?
Q. Is the appearance for entrance exams necessary?
Q. Are the courses full-time?
Q. Can students from Humanities background in 10+2 apply for UG courses?
Q. How is the AUCE Faculty?