Amity University, Mumbai Overview
Amity University Mumbai was established in the year 2014. The university was established under Maharashtra Govt. Act. The campus offers a variety of courses in various undergraduate and postgraduate programs like B.A., B.Tech, B.C.A., M.Sc., M.F.A., M.B.A., M.Tech, and more.
Amity University Mumbai claims to be the best private university in India, serves as an academic hub for prospective students and parents seeking information on Amity University Mumbai as well as providing a platform for industry interaction, guest lectures & other academic activities.
Amity University Mumbai Highlight
|Entrance Exam||University: Amity Entrance Test
National: Amity JEE, NATA, UGC NET/CSIR/ICAR/GPAT/ICMR/GATE
|Type of Programs | No. of Programs||UG, PG, Diploma, & Ph.D. | 300+|
|Mode of Applying||Online and Offline|
Amity University Mumbai Courses Offered
Amity University Mumbai offers various undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral courses in Arts, Humanities, Social Science, Commerce, Management, and Science streams.
- For all UG programs, candidates should have completed 10+2 with relevant subjects in at least 55%.
- However, the B. Arch applicants are required to have 70% in NATA and 60% in PCM with 50% in Mathematics.
- The B.Tech applicants are required to have a valid score in Amity JEE and 60% in PCM
- For all PG programs, candidates should have completed Intermediate graduation with relevant subjects in at least 45%.
- However, the MBA applicants are required to have at least 50% in CAT/MAT/GMAT
- For all doctoral programs, candidates should have at least 55% in the relevant master's degree or M.Phil.
- 60% in intermediate(10+2) and the relevant bachelor's degree.
- A valid score in Amity Ph.D. JEE.
Note: NET/GATE/GPAT/ICMR qualifiers within the last 2 years can exempt Amity JEE.
Amity University Admissions
Applicants are invited for various undergraduate and postgraduate programs like B.A., B.Tech, B.C.A., M.Sc., M.F.A., M.B.A., M.Tech, and more. Interested candidates can apply online/offline by following the subsequent steps:
Step 1: Visit the official website (www.amity.edu/mumbai/)
Step 2: Click on 'Admission' tab and select 'How to Apply'
Step 3: Application form will appear, fill in the correct details and upload all the required documents with pp size Photo & Signature
Step 4: Make a payment of INR 1,100 via Netbanking or Debit/Credit Card.
Applicants can download the form from the admission portal or avail from the university campus. Duly filled form should be submitted to the administration department of the college. Offline applicants can make the required payment through DD in favor of Amity University, Mumbai.
Following self-attested document should be attached/uploaded along with the application form:
- Residence Certificate
- Caste Certificate
- Date of Birth Certificate
- Mark sheet/Certificate of class 10th to the last qualifying exam
Amity University Selection Procedure:
Amity The selection process of Amity University Mumbai includes an English language test succeeded by Personal Interview (PI). Program based written test is conducted for selected courses
- Amity University conducts Amity JEE (National level entrance exam conducted by the university) to offer admission in B.Tech course.
- Admission to other Undergraduate and Postgraduate programs is offered directly on the basis of the Written Test as well as an English language test followed by PI. A course-based written test/ creative test/ physical test is conducted wherever required.
- Admission to Ph.D. programs is based on candidates’ performance in academics succeeded by Amity entrance test and a personal interview.
- UGC NET/CSIR/ICAR/GPAT/ICMR/GATE qualifiers can exempt Amity entrance test but have to appear for the interview.
Documents required at the time of Amity University Mumbai Admissions
The post-selection procedure, qualifiers have to appear for the admission with the following original documents:
- Previous mark sheet for verification
- Eligibility Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Migration/Transfer Certificate
Amity University Mumbai Scholarships
At Amity University Mumbai, economical limitations do not restrain student’s academical growth. The university provides easy education loans to financially weaker section students and provides merit-based scholarships to required pursuits. The following table briefs the Merit Scholarships and Direct Admission Schemes at Amity:
|Programs||100% scholarship||50% scholarship||25% scholarship||Direct Admission|
|Undergraduate programs||Intermediate graduates with minimum - 93%||Intermediate graduates with minimum - 88%||Intermediate graduates with minimum - 75%||Intermediate graduates with minimum - 75%
(Exempted from Test & Interview)
|Postgraduate programs (MBA)||90% in CAT or 650 in GMAT||85% in CAT or 600 in GMAT||75% in CAT or 450 in GMAT||70% in CAT/MAT
(Exempted from Test only)
|Postgraduate programs (non-MBA)||80% in Graduation 93% in 10+2||75% in Graduation 88% in 10+2||-||-|
Amity University Mumbai Placement
Amity University Mumbai is famous for it's out of box placement assistance and global exposure. Every year top recruiters visit the campus to select the students from various programs for their company.
The university has a placement cell which escorts the students on their most appropriate career plan, following a scientific method to map their efficiencies. The cell involves in the following activities -
- Pre-placement Talks - It is an ideal platform for interaction between the students. The recruiters share their company's vision, work culture and opportunities available.
- Application - Interested students apply to the organizations of their choices by submitting their resumes with the application letters.
- Interview - The recruiter shortlists candidates to either go for Aptitude written test or Group Discussion rounds or Personal interview rounds depending on the organization's recruitment policy.
- Offers and Acceptance - Once the final interview round is conducted, the company makes an offer to the candidate. The offer includes details such as job role, compensation package, location, date of joining and other terms and conditions required by a candidate to make his / her decision.
Amity University Mumbai Recognition and Accreditation
- Amity University, Mumbai has been established by the Maharashtra Govt. Act of 2014 of Government of Maharashtra.
- AUM is a private university established by the Ritnand Balved Education Foundation (RBEF), New Delhi which is a society registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860.
- Amity University, Mumbai is a core part of Amity, one of the leading educational groups of India
- Amity University Mumbai is being built on a foundation that embodies all the qualities that have made Amity Institutions world-class over the last two decades.
Amity University Mumbai FAQs
Q. What specializations are offered by Amity University Mumbai under the Ph.D. program?
Ans. Amity University Mumbai offers the following specializations under the Ph.D. program:
|Fashion Design||Fashion Management||Psychology|
|Journalism and Mass Communication||Biotechnology||Environmental Biotechnology|
|Green Technology||Law||Management (Marketing / Finance / HR / IT)|
Q. Has Amity University changed its selection criteria due to COVID 19 Pandemic?
Ans. Due to COVID 19 pandemic, Amity University has modified its admission selection process. For the time being Selection Process is based on video responses to the questions posted through the Video Link available on Admission Microsite.
Q. What system of education is followed at Amity University Mumbai?
Ans. Amity University Mumbai follows the semester system which is in conformity with the global practices and standards. Students are required to maintain minimum SGPA (Semester Grade Point Average) & CGPA (Cumulative Grade Point average) to get promoted to the next semester and qualify for Degree/ Diploma.
Q. What is Study Abroad Program (SAP) offered by Amity University?
Ans. SAP has been designed to provide an excellent opportunity to students of Amity so as to gain international exposure and open up their horizons to oceans of opportunities. It is conducted at the Amity International campuses (Dubai, Singapore, London, Mauritius).
Q. How are the accommodation facilities of Amity University Mumbai?
Ans. Amity University Mumbai provides AC accommodation in a single-occupancy. The rooms are air-conditioned along with sitting lounge, cable TV, refrigerator, Wi-Fi connection and essential furniture including bed mattress, study table, chair, cupboard, bed sheets, pillow covers, towels and laundry services. Twin sharing Non AC accommodation would include essential furniture along with bed mattress, study table, chair, cupboard, bed sheets, pillow covers, towels and laundry services.