It’s that time of the year again when a host of exams are just around the corner and the doors of your dream colleges seem a little closer; anxiety takes over and minds buzz with questions. Aspirants are often flooded with information and it becomes easy to make wrong decisions.
As I look back at my journey to SIBM Bengaluru, I remember the constant hustle for authentic information and honest opinions. So, here are some reasons why I decided to join SIBM Bengaluru.
- Growing leaps and bounds! In the decade that it has been in existence, SIBM-B has shown growth unlike any other. The small batch size means more opportunities for everyone and attention on the fabric of managers. Located in Bengaluru, SIBM is surrounded by IT giants and enjoys access to the crème de la crème of the corporate world. The returns for a student’s investments are beyond expectations.
- Completely Student Driven– this is one factor that impressed me the most about SIBM-B. Right from handling the admission procedure to organizing the events, the students take the onus of it all. The hands-on approach is a unique way of developing as a manager.
- Numbers Never Lie! Placement figures for institute are a fairly accurate yardstick for measuring its growth and stand in the corporate world. The placements have grown to INR 9.5 LPA as the average CTC. These numbers indicate a substantial increase from the previous year and the graph just keeps going higher.
- In today’s VUCA world, it is imperative to stay relevant. SIBM-B ensures that by including various skills as part of the curriculum. One way they do this is by having a Data Analytics flavour across all specializations. SIBM-B also has Bloomberg Labs to provide its students with Live market information which transforms the projects and the entire learning experience that much more real. It truly teaches management with a “quantitative” difference.
- Harvard Business School Modules-Cases– if you are a management aspirant, then chances are that Harvard is Mecca to you. To have access to Harvard Business School modules, simulations and cases as an integral part of your curriculum is a golden opportunity. It gives a completely different perspective to the same managerial theories and scenarios.
- Corporate Engagements- So, everyone wishes to join colleges that can place them in a better corporate position than where we currently stand. In this respect, it is important to have adequate exposure to the industry experts, their views, experiences and opinions. SIBM-B provides this in the form of regular workshops and corporate events.
- TEDx SIBM Bengaluru– Being exposed to innovative ideas, inspiring stories and eminent personalities has a distinctive impact on one’s perspective. TEDxSIBMBengaluru has been creating this environment for discussions and talks since 2012 and not just attending such an event, the entire process of organizing it, itself is enriching.
- Every single responsibility of the institute is handled by the means of the Committees and Clubs. From your academics to your dearest avocation, these give you a chance to hone yourself, sharpen your craft and become a leader in the true sense.
- Events – yes, even after all these avenues of opportunities, SIBM-B has a myriad of events throughout the year! The atmosphere throbs with activities of every kind during these events.
- Campus Life– after a long and tiring day, home doesn’t seem too far. SIBM B has a lively campus that ensures you have your share of relaxation in a day. You could play an outdoor sport of your choice, watch TV, hit the gym or play with the Labradors on campus!
About the Author:
Written by Priyanka Bhatia