The Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) has made changes in the exam pattern for VITEEE 2020. VITEEE is an Engineering Entrance Examination that Vellore Institute of Technology conducts to assess the candidate’s eligibility to get into the University. VIT has introduced a new aptitude section in the exam pattern of VITEEE starting from the batch of 2020-21. VITEEE examination comprises of a CBT (Computer Based Test), and a new aptitude section will be included for the candidates appearing for the 2020-21 batch.
Vellore Institute of Technology has issued an official notice mentioning about the recent changes made in the exam pattern through their official website: vit.ac.in. As per the official notice released online through the University’s website, the University has made changes in the exam pattern of VITEEE and added an aptitude test as per the feedback received by many industries and academia. VIT believes that it is important to test the aptitude of the candidates along with the verbal and analytical skills as many universities across the globe have developed the practice in recent times.
In addition to the existing subjects that include Mathematics/ Biology, Physics, Chemistry and English in the VITEEE, the aptitude section will be a part of the revised exam pattern.
According to the revised exam pattern, the breakdown of the subjects and questions asked will be as follows.
- 40 questions will be asked in either Mathematics/ Biology section.
- 35 questions will be asked in the Physics section.
- 35 questions will be asked in the Chemistry section.
- 10 questions will be asked in the newly included aptitude section.
- 5 questions will be asked in the English section.
Candidates will be given two and a half hours of time for the entire exam. There will be no negative marking in VITEEE.
VITEEE 2020: Eligibility Criteria
The University has set some criteria that the aspiring candidates should meet to be eligible for the examination and the admission process. They are mentioned as follows.
- Only candidates who were born on or after July 1, 1998, will be considered for VITEEE 2020.
- Candidate should have completed 10+2 from either State Board/ CBSE or ICSE in Maths/ Biology, Physics and Chemistry with an overall aggregate of at least 60%.
- For candidates eligible for reservation under SC/ ST category, the required percentage in 10+2/ intermediate is 50%.
- Candidate should have completed their 10+2/ Intermediate in 2020 or should be appearing for the examination in 2020.