VITEEE is one of the most popular and difficult exams for engineering after 10+2 graduation. This entrance is held for VIT in Vellore. Students can begin their preparations for the exam right after they finish their schooling.
Since the exam is taken by many students every year, the difficulty of the exam is increasing gradually. Students find it hard to manage their studies and the subject matter for the entrance. This article covers all the important tips, topics and books you need to take care of while you prepare for the exam.
Important tips to crack the VITEEE exam
The most difficult task for students is to cover all the topics before the exam whilst finding the time to practice for the exam. If you are looking to get admitted to VIT and are planning to take the VITEEE, then here are some important tips for you:
- Cover the Topics properly: The first thing you need to do is cover everything properly. You should start with a schedule to cover all the topics that you need to cover for the exam. Next, you will need to allot time according to your capabilities. Understand which subjects need more work, and which subjects do not.
- Analysis of the previous year question papers: Another thing that you need to keep in mind is that you will have to go through the previous year question papers, to understand what kind of questions you will need have to answer. Understand the pattern of the questions asked and prepare yourself accordingly.
- Schedule revision: Make sure that whenever you prepare for an entrance test, you need to make sure that you have time for revision. While you prepare, make notes for your revision and make sure that your notes are easy to understand. Try to summarize everything in your notes, so that you do not have to get back to your books.
- Practice questions: The VITEEE exam is an entrance that evaluates the capacities of the student. The exam is a computer-based exam, which constitute of multiple choice questions. Make sure that you practice the topics that you study. Also, try to practice questions in the MCQ pattern only, this will help you to practice according to the exam pattern.
When you prepare for entrances, you need to make sure that you have an idea of what the exam will constitute of. The exam pattern contains four subjects, namely:
- Biology or mathematics and
English has the least number of questions in the test, i.e. 5 questions. All the other subjects have 40 questions each. Other than this, you do not need to worry about negative marking during the exam. These exams are based on the knowledge of the students of the various components of science. Here is a list of important topics from different subjects:
- In Chemistry, there are various topics that are repeatedly questioned on. Here is a list of various topics that you need to keep in mind during your preparations:
- The solid state,
- Hydrogen and s-block elements,
- Polymers and
- Here is a list of important topics to cover in Physics:
- Atomic study,
- Laws of motion, and
- Alternating current
- In mathematics, here is what you need cover:
- Complex numbers,
- Differential equations,
- Probability distributions,
- Vector algebra,
- Coordinate geometry
- Here are the important topics to cover in Biology:
- Human physiology,
- Plant physiology,
- Genetics and evolution and
The task of finding important books for preparations is different for everyone. Every book has a different style and language, make sure that you choose a book that makes it easy for you to understand the topics that you study. Furthermore, make it a point not to follow what other students are doing blindly.
Have a look at the book first and try to comprehend if you understand what the book is trying to explain. Since you would need books for each of the subjects, you must base your choices wisely. Other than this, to make sure that you cover even the basics, pick up your course books from 11th and 12th grade, that will make things easier for you.
Here is a list of some of the most popular books for preparations:
- NCERT for Mathematics,
- Target VITEEE by Disha Experts.
- Modern Approach to Chemical Calculations by R. C. Mukherjee.
- Modern Physics
- Wren and Martin for English.
The above-mentioned books help you to prepare for the exam according to the exam pattern and help you to find proper guidance.