NTSE is the abbreviation for the popularly conducted the National Talent Search Examination for the students of Class 10. It is also conducted at higher levels. This examination is conducted by the National Council for Educational Research and Training or the NCERT.
The purpose of conducting this exam is to identify and award students who possess exceptional calibre and talent in the fields of science and social science. Such students are provided scholarship to enable them to continue their education and further cultivate their talents.
NTSE is conducted at two stages every year. In the first stage, the exam is conducted at the state level, that is, by all the States and Union Territories of India. Students qualifying in this exam become eligible to appear for the national level examination, which is stage II. A total of 2000 scholarships are given out in this exam.
NTSE stage I is set to be conducted of 2nd and 3rd November in 2019. Students can make a note of some tips for enhancing their preparation strategy for NTSE 2019 –
- Know the Syllabus thoroughly – Syllabus is always the key for all exams. If the students are thorough with the syllabus, they can get a fair estimation for their strong and weak points. Knowing the Syllabus helps the students plan a strategy for preparation from beforehand.
- Check the Exam Pattern – By knowing the examination pattern, it becomes easier for the students to identify with the paper when sitting for the examination. NTSE paper is divided into two parts – Mental Ability Test (MAT) and Scholastic Ability Test (SAT). Students must understand the type of questions in each section to score better.
- Know your strengths – Students should know the areas which are their strong points. This gives them a measure of their weaknesses too. They will know where to work more and what parts to attempt first. By regularly going through their portions and practising papers, students can easily understand their strength.
- Give Mock Tests – Mock Tests are the best way to prepare for the NTSE 2019 exam. Simply sit for the exam to get a feel of how the real exam is conducted. This reduces the pressure on the main day, and the students feel way more relaxed during the exam.
- Refer to previous years questions – By understanding the questions from previous years, students can get an idea of what they will appear for. It also helps them understand some of the anticipated important topics.
- Give importance to your health – Exam preparations can go to waste if the health is neglected. Students must make sure that they take ample rest and relax sufficiently during their preparation process. Over-burdening themselves with the studies can affect them adversely.
With all these strategies up their sleeves, students can easily score high in the NTSE 2019 exams. NTSE exams are conducted in the offline mode.