The Union Public Service Commission is one of the most prestigious recruitment bodies in India, working towards providing free and fair opportunities to candidates aspiring for government civil services.
It conducts detailed and planned examination for each recruitment drive so that the best candidates can be selected. By selecting capable candidates UPSC is dedicated to strengthening the administrative system of India.
UPSC conducts several Limited Department Competitive Exams (LDCE). One such exam that it will soon be conducting is that of the UPSC S.O. Steno that is for the recruitment of Section officer Stenographer for Grade B/ Grade 1. The exam is set to be conducted soon.
The UPSC S.O. Steno Exam 2019 is set to be conducted in the month of December. The application process for the exam started in September and continued till October.
The final date of the examination has been fixed as 14th December 2019.
|1||Beginning of the application process||September 2019|
|2||Ending of the application process||October 2019|
|3||Admit Card released||To be announced|
|4||Final examination||14th December 2019|
Even though the exam date has been finalised, the date for admit card release is yet to be announced by the UPSC.
Admit cards are generally released 10 days or a week before the exam. Thus, candidates can expect their admit cards to be available by the beginning of December.
The admit card is an extremely crucial document for candidates as without producing the admit card, candidates will not be eligible to sit for the exam.
Once the admit card is made available by the UPSC, they can download it by the following steps –
- Step-1 : Log-on to the official website of UPSC @ https://upsconline.nic.in/ The admit card will not be available on any other website.
- Step-2 : Under the recent news, click on the notification regarding the release of the admit card.
- Step-3 : Candidates will be redirected to a new page where they will be required to log in.
- Step-4 : Fill in the necessary credentials and press submit.
- Step-5 : The admit card will open up. Go through the details mentioned on the admit card.
- Step-6 : Save the e-admit card on the computer after downloading it.
- Step-7 : Candidates must also take a printout of the admit card and keep it as a hard copy.
The printed admit card should be carried by the candidates on the day of examination along with an identity proof. The documents that the candidates can carry for the identity proof include –
- Aadhar card
- Voter Id card
- Driving licence
- PAN card
- Any other photo identity card issued by the Indian government.
The SO/Steno exam and the selection procedure will comprise of two parts – Part I and Part II.
- Part-I : This will involve a written examination of 500 marks.
- Part-II : This will involve an assessment of the record of service of the candidate. It will comprise of 100 marks.
Candidates will also have to appear for two papers. Both the papers will be of objective nature covering different areas and topics.
Candidates are advised to keep a regular check on the official website of Union Public Service Commission to get updates regarding the release of the admit card.