UPSC or the Union Public Service Commission is India’s most important recruitment body as it oversees and conducts recruitment into Government department and ministries. It has to carry out major responsibilities like organisation of the exams, evaluation of the exams and thorough interviews and verifications for recruitment of eligible candidates.
One of the exams conducted by UPSC is that for filling vacancies in the Indian army, navy and air force wings. For this candidates are first trained in the National Defence Academy (NDA) and Indian Naval Academy (NA). This exam is known as the UPSC NDA & NA.
This examination is conducted twice a year and are this known as UPSC NDA (I) and UPSC NDA (II). UPSC NDA (I) was conducted in the month of April, earlier this year. UPSC NDA (II) is set to be conducted on 17th November, 2019.
UPSC NDA (I) examination is being conducted for filling up 392 vacancies in the three wings of the Indian Armed Forces. There are 280 vacancies in the army, 42 in navy, 92 in air force and 50 in naval academy.
The Commission has already released the cut off marks and merit list for the UPSC NDA (I). However it had not released the individual marks sheets for all the candidates. It was on 14th November, 2019 that the UPSC has finally uploaded the mark sheets for UPSC NDA (I) 2019.
Irrespective of whether candidates have passed for the exam or not, candidates can follow the given steps to download their mark sheet –
- Step-1 : Visit the official website of Union Public Service Commission, which is https://upsconline.nic.in/
- Step-2 : Go to the examinations tab under the menu option on the homepage.
- Step-3 : Click on the Marks Information option.
- Step-4 : Mark sheet links for various exams will open. Click on the link which reads “NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY AND NAVAL ACADEMY EXAMINATION (I)”
- Step-5 : Candidates will be given two options to download the mark sheet. They must select the relevant option.
- Step-6 : Fill in the relevant credentials and click on the submit option.
- Step-7 : The mark sheet will be available on the screen. Candidates must download their mark sheet and keep it in a secure folder.
- Step-8 : Take a printout of the mark sheet.
Candidates will be able to download their mark sheets till 14th December, 2019.
For the UPSC NDA (I) 2019 exam a total of 447 candidates have qualified. They will be a part of the 143rd National Defence Academy Course and 105th Naval Academy Course. Both of these courses will commence from the 1st of January, 2020.