The Combined Defence Services (CDS) of UPSC will be held on 2nd February, 2020. The official notification was released on upsc.gov.in.
We bring to you a compiled all in one article with details of important dates, vacancy details, eligibility criteria and the exam pattern and syllabus.
Candidates will now be able to apply now UPSC CDS 2 Exam 2020 at upsc.gov.in and upsconline.nic.in.
UPSC CDS Recruitment 2020 drive aims to fill the 418 vacancies for various courses at the Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officers Training Academy.
The CDS exam is held biannually in February and September. The question pattern for CDS generally covers General Knowledge, Elementary Maths and English Language.
Here are the important dates:
|Notification for Online Registration||October 30, 2019|
|Last Date for Application||November 19, 2019|
|Admit Card Issuance||January, 2020|
|Exam||February 2, 2020|
The Syllabus for UPSC CDS
A basic test of candidates’ grasp and command over English language and vocabulary
Current socio-political events,
The UPSC CDS II selection process comprises of Written Examination and Interview.
Only after successfully qualifying both these stages a candidate will need to undergo and pass the complete Medical Examination before being recruited.
Stay connected with fellow students on PaGaLGuY for UPSC CDS Examination 2018- PaGaLGuY
The UPSC CDS 2020 Exam Pattern is discussed in detail as under:
A pen and paper exam, the CDS will be conducted in the Morning and Forenoon sessions. Each section has is given a duration of 120 minutes and the pattern goes such:
|Subjects||Multiple Choice Questions|
The UPSC CDS Cut off marks are generally declared after the Results. Those candidates who qualify the written exam are called for the UPSC CDS II 2019 Interview Round. It involves two rounds of intelligence and personality test:
- Stage 1: Officer Intelligence Rating, Picture Perception and Description Test.
- Stage 2: Interview, Group Testing Officer Task, Psychology Test and Conference.
The gruelling interview is a 4-day long process where qualified candidates are judged on their physical, mental and psychological aspects.
Here is a step by step process to guide to in the Online Application Process:
- Visit the official website: gov.in.
- Click on the dedicated link “Combined Defence Services Examination (II), 2019” under the “What’s New” section.
- Enter details of your Registration, Date of Birth.
- Enter personal details and upload any of the given Photo ID Proof – Aadhaar Card/Voter Card/PAN Card/Passport/Driving Licence/Photo ID Card issued by the State/Central Government.
- Upload in specified size your Photograph & Signature.
- Select your examination centre of choice and convenience.
- Make online payment and accept the declaration.
- Read carefully before submitting.
- Save a copy of the application form for future reference.
The UPSC will be charging INR 200 from General & OBC Candidates, and has waived off the charge from SC, ST and Female Candidates.