The UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) had announced the notification for CDS (Combined Defence Service Exam) which will be conducted twice in a year i.e. biannually during February and November months. The UPSC CDS exam for 2019 will be held in 41 cities across India. For 2019, the CDS exam for February month is scheduled to be conducted on February 03, 2019. Te CDs exam will be held in offline i.e. Paper and Pen mode. The registration was held from October 31, 2018, to November 26, 2018.
UPSC CDS will be a 3 stage exam process. The selection process will include Written Examination and Personal Interview round which will be followed by Medical Examination. The result for February 03, 2019 examination will be declared in the month of March 2019. The shortlisted candidates will be allowed to appear for the November month examination.
UPSC CDS Exam Dates for 2019:
|Start of online application
|October 31, 2018
|June 12, 2019
|Last date for receipt of application form
|November 26, 2018
|July 08, 2019
|Admit card issue date
|January 11, 2019
|Written exam date
|February 03, 2019
For 2019, there are 417 vacancies in UPSC. The admit card for the written examination is available from January 02, 2019. It will be available till February 02, 2019. The candidates who applied for UPSC CDS 2019 can download the admit card before the last date for downloading the admit card. The admit card will not be sent through post or E-mail. The candidates should individually download the admit card from the official website of UPSC. The mode of application form will be available only through online.
Steps to download the UPSC CDS 2019 admit card:
- Go to the official website of UPSC
- Search for the Admit card link for CDS exam in the “what’s new section”
- The link to download the admit card will open in a new page
- Provide the details like your Registration number and Date of Birth
- After filling the above-mentioned details, click the submit button
- the admit card for UPSC CDS exam for February 2019 will appear on the screen
- Take a print out of the admit card as it must be brought to the exam center
Stay connected with fellow students on PaGaLGuY for UPSC CDS Examination
Following are the necessary documents necessary to be brought to exam hall:
The candidates must bring the admit card for CDS 2019 along with their admit card if not, they will be prohibited to enter the exam hall.
- Original ID Proof
- A Photocopy of ID Proof
- 3 or 4 Passport size photographs
If the candidates find any discrepancies in the CDS 2019 admit card, it should be immediately brought to the attention of the UPSC authority. The candidates can mail to the UPSC and contact them if they face any discrepancies in downloading their admit card. The admit card for UPSC CDS exam must contain details:
- Name of the candidate
- Year of examination
- Registration number of the candidate
- Roll number of the candidate
- Residential address of the candidate
- Contact number and E-mail ID
Exam Day instructions for CDS 2019:
- The candidates must reach the exam hall before 20-30 minutes of commencement of the exam.
- The candidates must bring the admit card for their exam without which they will not be permitted to appear for the CDS exam.
- The candidates will not be allowed to bring any electronic gadgets like calculators, mobile phones, pagers, laptops etc to the exam hall.
The candidates will not be permitted to leave the exam hall before the completion of the exam.