Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has started inviting applicants to apply for Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) Examination 2017 for 179 posts of Assistant Commandants (Group A). Eligible candidates will have to apply through the official website of UPSC before May 5, 2017. The written examination for the post of Assistant Commandants will be held on July 23, 2017 across test centres in 42 cities in the country. After the written test, candidates will have to undergo physical standard/medical test and personal interview round to finally get selected for the post.
Details of Posts:
(i) BSF- 28
(ii) CRPF- 65
(iii) CISF- 23
(iv) SSB- 63
Total No. of Post: 179
- Candidates having an Indian citizenship and who fall under the age group of 20-25 can apply for the post. Relaxation of 5 years on upper age limit will be provided to SC/ST/OBC candidates.
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized university to apply for the post.
- Candidates must also pass prescribed physical and medical standards set by the authority for the post.
How to Apply:
- Candidates will have to visit the official website of UPSC .
- While filling the online form the candidates must keep in mind the choice of examination centre for them and should be from the list of cities available in the official notification.
- To complete the application, candidates need to pay a fee of Rs. 200/- by depositing the money in any branch of the SBI by cash or using net banking facility or by using debit card.
- Once the application process is complete, candidates must take a printout of the same for future reference.
- April 12: Beginning of online application
- May 5: Last date of online application
- July 2: Issue of e-admission certificate
- July 23: Commencement of written examination