(UGC) University Grants Commission is a statutory body set up by the Indian Union government in accordance to the UGC Act 1956 under MHRD and is charged with coordination, determination & maintenance of standards of higher education. UGC provides recognition to universities in India, disbursements of funds to such recognised universities & colleges. UGC headquarters is in New Delhi and has six regional centres in Pune, Bhopal, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Guwahati and Bangalore.
University Grants Commission (UGC) has issued notifications for recruiting eligible candidates to the posts of Deputy Secretary and Education Officer. Please find detailed information regarding the vacancies below.
Commencement of online Registration: 05.03.2019
Last date for receipt of online application: 05.04.2019
Last date for receipt of hard copy of application: 12.04.2019
|S. No.||Name of the post||Number of the Posts|
|1||Deputy Secretary||Total-04 (UR-01,OBC-1, SC-1 (backlog vacancy), ST-1)|
|2||Education Officer||Total-02 (UR-01, UR/EWS-01)|
How to Apply for UGC Recruitment 2019:
Interested candidates need to apply online by visiting the Official Website.
Candidates should have valid a personal E-mail ID and mobile number. It should be kept active till the recruitment process is fully complete.
Candidates should keep the following ready before registering applications:
- Valid E-mail id
- Valid Mobile number
- Scanned copy of latest passport size coloured photograph. (JPEG format)
- Scanned copy of the certificate from the CVO of their organization
Candidates should submit the duly filled in application form to the UGC office with the following address:
University Grants Commission,
Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg,
New Delhi-110 002
- First class Master’ Degree of a recognized University
- At least 7 years’ experience of teaching/ research in University or college or Educational Administration in higher education
- Holding analogous post on regular basis in the parent cadre/department; or With 5 years’ service in the grade rendered after appointment thereto on regular basis in pay band-3 (Rs.15600-39100) with grade pay of Rs.6600(pre-revised) i.e. in any discipline, pay level 11,-Rs.67,700-2,08,700 or equivalent in the parent cadre/department.
- Desirable: Doctorate.
- Minimum second class Master’s degree with 55% of marks from a recognized University
- Five years of experience of teaching/research/Educational Administration.
Upper age limit: 45 Years
Upper age limit: 40 Years
Cut Off Date: 12.04.2019
Upper Age limit is relaxable by:
5 years for SC/ST/OBC/PWD/ employees of Central Govt., State Govt., Universities, Autonomous Bodies.
|S. No.||Name of the post||Scale of pay|
|1||Deputy Secretary||Pay Level-12 Rs.78,800-2,09,200/-|
|2||Education Officer||Pay Level-11 Rs.67,700-2,08,700/-|