While most of us are still finding it difficult to accept Donald Trump as the 45th US President, we at PaGaLGuY, remember his famous foot in the mouth moments. Read on and laugh out loud….this is perhaps a prelude to what awaits for the next four years…
1. Mexico should pay for the “GREAT Wall”
From the first day of his political rallies, Trump had a problem with Mexicans. Calling them criminals and “rapists”, he wanted to get the much-endorsed “Wall” built on the shared border of US and Mexico and get the Mexicans to forcefully pay for it. It’s like telling someone “I don’t like your face. Go get a plastic surgery. AND I’LL MAKE SURE YOU PAY FOR IT!!”
2. Climate change is just “weather”
Really now? And I thought it was a change in the climate patterns caused over several years due to increased levels of atmospheric carbon dioxide produced by the use of fossil fuels. Silly, me!! So, currently what’s the weather like in USA, Mr President-elect? Climate Change?
3. “The world would be better off with Saddam Hussain and Muammar Gaddafi still in power”
Hmmmm…I’m surprised how he didn’t think of Hitler??
4. “Japan and South Korea should build up nuclear weapons”
Trump said Japan and South Korea should not depend on the US so much and benefit more by using their own weapons. Hmmm…you clearly have no idea about USA’s policy on disarmament/ nuclear weapon’s policy, do you? Look it up before the inaugural ceremony, please?
5. The US should use waterboarding’
The Obama administration issued a ban on ‘waterboarding’ in 2009. But Trump wanted to use it against ISIS saying “he likes it a lot, although he doesn’t think it’s tough enough.” Hmmm …how long will it be, before he introduces “The Rack and the Iron Maiden?”
6. “Global warming is a hoax perpetrated by “the Chinese” for competitive reasons
Sure, and between 1947 and 1991, was it the Russians?
A word that will soon be incorporated in the dictionary. RIP English
8. “Ted Cruz’s father was with Lee Harvey Oswald”
Trump clinched the Republican nomination in early May, but not before linking Cruz’s father to the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. Trust, Trump to start new conspiracy theories to discredit his opponent?
9. Muslims should not be admitted to the US.
… and other immigrants too! And while we’re at it, there’s this little statue in New York Harbor that can go as well…
10. “US is being ripped off by its fellow members of NATO”
Maybe you should get your historical facts right, Mr Trump? Didn’t the US start the NATO?
11. “US should reduce its debt by partially defaulting on them”
That’s 6 times bankruptcy claims talking from experience. / With 6 bankruptcy claims, Trump obviously knows what he’s talking about
12. “Abolish gun free zones”
That’s about one step away from Mad Max / Escape from New York.
13. Threatened to pull the US out of The World Trade Organization
Maybe then the WTO can focus on the world’s interest
14. Stated that he would consider recognizing Crimea as a Russian Territory and lifting sanctions on Russia
Whoa, Putin really is his pal! If only USA and Russia were historically the best of pals!
15 “Illegal migrants should be deported”
‘Said the native Americans, oh wait…
16 Called the Republican National Committee’s delegate system as “crooked” and “unfair”
You’re not safe even if you’re on his team. Beware!
17. “John McCain is not a war hero“
Well, you mysteriously managed to avoid the war all together. PEACE!
18. “Obama and Clinton are the founders of ISIS”
So now, drone strikes in the US? And who’s Abu Bakr Al Baghdadi? Your neighbourhood priest?
19. “I want to hit Democratic National Convention Speakers who criticize me”
We’ll ask Vince McMahon to arrange that match. Got a signature move ready?
20. Nuclear Triad—Wait What??
‘I thought the only noteworthy triad was the Red Dragon Triad’