The role of a stenographer is very important in any government department. A triumphant stenographer can be made only when success is achieved in the entrance exam conducted by SSC. The bugle has already been played for this year’s exam. The application process and the exam are all online. The selection is based on the performance in the written test and skill test.
|Start date of application||20th September 2019|
|Last date to submit the application||18th October 2019|
|Last date to pay the application fee||20th October 2019|
|Commencement of exam||5th May 2020 to 7th May 2020|
The 12th class passed candidates can apply for the exam or the candidates with an equivalent exam with good marks can apply. This year, the candidates who passed class 12th can also apply.
Age limit: (as on 1st January 2020)
- For Grade C, the minimum age of the candidate should be between 18 years of age and maximum age limit is 30 years.
- For Grade D, the minimum age of the candidate should be 18 years of age and the maximum should be 27 years.
- There is also a provision for relaxation in the age limit for reserved category candidates.
The candidates for the SSC Stenographer 2019 post will be selected based on the written test and skill test.
|I||General Reasoning and intelligence||50||50||2 hours|
|III||English language and comprehension||100||100|
The skill test will be qualifying in nature and it is a computer-based test. There will be one dictation for 10 minutes in English/Hindi at the speed of 100 words per minute for Grade C and 80 words per minute for Grade D posts.
The candidates have to pay the application fee of Rs.100 (only for male candidates).
Steps to apply for SSC Stenographer 2019 Exam:
- Visit the official website www.ssc.nic.in.
- Click on the apply button on the screen.
- A link for Steno Grade C and D will be provided. Click on the link.
- A homepage will appear and the candidates have to login as a new user.
- Fill the required details and a new username and password will be generated.
- In the application form fill the basic details.
- Upload the scanned copy of the photo and sign.
- Pay the application fee.
- Click on the submit button on the screen.
- Take a print out of the Stenographer Grade C and D application 2019 for future reference.