Established by the Government of India, the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has been responsible for carrying out recruitment drives for various departments and ministries. The Staff Selection Commission functions in an orderly manner by conducting different exams for different types of posts. The opportunities provided by it are highly beneficial for interested and eligible candidates.
Some of the popularly conducted exams by SSC include SSC JE, SSC MTS, SSC CGL, SSC CHSL, etc. One of the commonly conducted exam by SSC is that of SSC CHSL. CHSL stands for Combined Higher Secondary Level exam. The exam is conducted for all the posts which require a minimum qualification of higher secondary education. It can be for different posts such as division clerk, data entry operator, postal assistant, etc.
|1||Release of Notification||3rd December 2019|
|2||Commencement of selection process||December 2019|
|3||Examination||March-June 2020 (Tentative)|
The notification of SSC CHSL 2019 is set to be released soon. The official notification for the exam is scheduled to release on 3rd December 2019. The notification will contain all the specific details about the exam elaborated for all interested candidates. The notification will comprise of essential information such as exam pattern, application procedure and other important guidelines.
There are tentatively more than ten thousand vacancies. The number of vacancies is yet to be confirmed. The posts for which candidates can apply include the following –
- Lower Divisional Clerk/ Junior Secretariat Assistant.
- Postal Assistant /Sorting Assistant
- Data entry Operator
Further details regarding the posts will be available in the notification.
The selection procedure for the SSC CHSL posts include 3 stages –
- SSC CHSL Tier-I exam will be a computer-based test. Candidates will have to prepare for mostly objective type questions. Those who qualify in this tier will progress towards tier-II.
- SSC CHSL Tier-II exam will be a descriptive examination. It tests the writing skills of the candidates. To move towards the third tier, candidates will have to qualify in this tier.
- The final tier for SSC CHSL will be a skill test or a typing test.
The final merit list will be prepared on the basis of consideration of the tier II marks combined with the marks scored in the skill test.
It is likely that the recruitment drive will begin in the month of December 2019. However, candidates must note that the exam will be scheduled not before the next year, that is between the months of March and June 2020.
Stay connected with fellow students on PaGaLGuY for SSC CHSL Exam 2019 : Notifications, Admit Card & Result
Candidates can make a note of the following steps while making their application –
- Visit the official website of the Staff Selection Commission, which is https://ssc.nic.in/
- Candidates will have to fill in a registration form to register themselves with the website.
- The registration ID and password should be noted and saved carefully.
- The candidates must then use this registration ID to fill in their application form.
- Some documents, such as the photograph and the signature of the candidate, have to be scanned and uploaded. This should be done carefully.
- Online payment of application fee of Rs 100/- must be done, without which the application form will not be accepted.
- The completely filled application form can then be printed for future purposes.
Once the candidates have submitted their application form, they must start preparing for the SSC CHSL Tier I examination. The portions that the candidate should prepare are –
- General Intelligence
- General Awareness
- Quantitative Ability
- English Language
There will be 100 questions carrying a total of 200 marks in the tier-I exam. There will also be a negative marking of 0.50 marks for every wrong answer.
For more information, candidates must await the release of the notification in December.