The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has notified about the Common Graduate Level (CGL) examination 2017 on its website. Candidates eligible and interested for the posts offered through the examination need to apply before June 16. The SSC CGL 2017 tier I examination will take place from August 1 to 20 in different test centres across the country. Selection of the candidates for different posts in various government ministries and departments will be made based on a 4-tier selection test, comprising on two tiers of written examination, a descriptive, and a skill test.
Eligibility for SSC CGL 2017:
- Candidates must be an Indian citizen or a subject of Nepal and Bhutan settled in India.
- Candidates must be between the age of 18 to 30 years to apply for various posts.
- Candidates must have a graduation degree from any recognised university/institute
How to apply for SSC CGL 2017:
- Candidates need to apply through the official website of SSC.
- Candidates must pay the application fee of Rs. 100/- through SBI challan or net banking or credit/debit card.
- Candidates need to take a print out of the filled application form for future references.
Mode of Selection:
Selection of candidates will be done based on their performance in two tier online tests, and pen and paper mode descriptive test conducted by the commission.
- SSC CGL Tier 1 examination will be of 200 marks, consisting of four papers namely General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude, and English Comprehension.
- SSC CGL Tier 2 examination will be of 800 marks, consisting of four papers namely Quantitative Ability, English Language, Statistics, and General Studies (Finance and Economics).
- Candidates who pass the tier 2 examination will have to sit for a pen and paper mode descriptive paper of English of 100 Marks.
- Those candidates who have applied for posts that requires computer skills will have to sit for a skill test conducted by the commission.
Important Dates of SSC CGL 2017:
- Date of beginning of online application: May 16
- Last date of online application and fees: June 16
- SSC CGL Tier I online examination: August 1 to 20
- SSC CGL Tier II online exam: November 10 and 11
- Date of Tier III descriptive test: January 21, 2018
- Tier IV skill test: February 2018