KJ Somaiya Institute of the Management Studies and Research (SIMSR) is one of the best management college in Mumbai, India. The college offers many postgraduate and diploma courses along with executive programs. The institute accepts qualified scores of CAT/ XAT/ CMAT/ GMAT. The selection process includes the written examination, Group discussion and personal interview.
The institute offers the following MBA programmes:
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management with courses to opt from International Business, Retail Management, Financial Services, Communications, and Health care management.
- Executive Post Graduate Diploma in Management
- Masters / Part time masters
SIMSR Placement 2018-19:
( PGDM / IB /FS / RM /COMM / MMS )
- K J Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research(SIMSR), Mumbai has had a great placement season in 2018-19.
- Leading companies from a multitude of sectors participated in Final Placements, offerin sought -after profiles with competitive packages.
- With multiple profiles on offer, students had a plethora of options to make informed decisions to shape their career.
- From amongst the 170 companies for 470 students across programs, 65 organizations participated for the first time and a few visited after a hiatus.
- Among the principal offers made, the students have received 147 from Banking and Insurance Sector, 98 offers from IT majors, 79 offers from Financial Services and so on.
Applicants should also be aware of the cut off marks for the different courses which are as follows:
|Course||Number of Seats||Expected Cut off for CAT (Percentile)||Expected Cut off for XAT (Percentile)||Expected Cut off for CMAT (Percentile)|
|PGDM – IB||60||85||72||98|
|PGDM (Health Care Management)||30||NA||NA||NA|
Interested applicants should have the bachelor degree from a recognized university and should have the valid score of CAT/XAT/CMAT/GMAT. Applicants would need to apply online through the official website before the last date of application.
SIMSR Final Rank Declaration: 25th March 2019, 05.00 p.m.
The final selection of candidate will be based on the Group discussion and in-depth personal interview. The institute has decided a certain weightage for each round which is
Stay connected with fellow students on PaGaLGuY for KJ SOMAIYA-SIMSR PGDM Admissions 2019-2021
The institute has yet to release the result or the merit list and would begin from 26th March 2019 and the seat allotment process shall start from 1st April 2019. The shortlisting criteria of the institute will constitute a two-step process where the first phase is shortlisting candidates on the basis of entrance examination and the second would be on the basis of final admission process considering the above weightages assigned to each round.
Applicants should check the official website of SIMSR to check the results and the updates on the admission process. Applicants can check below the important dates for the admission in SIMSR:-
|Last date to submit application||10th January 2019|
|Shortlisting of candidates for GD and PI||20th February 2019|
|Group discussion and Personal Interview dates||01st March to 17th March 2019|
|Merit List declaration||26th March 2019|
|Seat allotment process||01st April 2019|
|Commencement of program||15th July 2019|