Many applicants get confuse about how to prepare for Non-Technical Popular Categories (NTPC) and other different posts like Para-medical stuff, ministerial and isolated categories. Applicants must start the preparation as early as possible as the competition is tough. Applicants must plan in advance and make strategy for the preparation of the RRB NTPC examination. To crack the examination becomes easy if the applicant remains stress free. Applicants should stay calm and must have self-confidence about capabilities and preparation. All that is needed to be successful is the smart work which means hard work along with the time management. It should be noted that smart work is also the new trend to get through any competitive exams.
There are times when anxiety and stress make the applicant confuse that they are not able to make the decisions properly. Proper planning in the beginning can help them to study better. Applicants should take the tests regularly to know themselves and Interested applicants can follow the below tips for preparation of the RRB NTPC examination: –
- It is important for the candidates to know the four sections of the question paper which General Knowledge, Reasoning, General Science and Maths are.
- Apart from the sections, it is equally important for the applicants to know that there is negative marking for every wrong answer – 1/3rd marks will be deducted on each incorrect answer.
- It is important to clear the CBT stage 1 examination to appear for the next stage of the examination. Therefore, it should not be taken lightly, and practice is required from the beginning.
- Time management is the utmost important skill required to crack the competitive examination. It is required while preparing for the examination and during the examination.
- Revision of each subject is necessary as it will be needful to brush up the concepts that have been learnt over the time and to clear the doubts, if any, at the last moment.
- Applicants should make the study plan from the beginning and stick to the study plan. Study plan should be making according to the syllabus so that each topic is covered on time.
- Interested applicants should appear for the mock tests frequently. Mock tests are like applicant’s personal teacher and evaluator. It is recommended to practice more and more mock test to score better in the examination.
- The important key t cracks the examination is the accuracy and speed which are needed to score the maximum for the general awareness section.
- It is necessary to know the strengths and weakness so that the applicant can prepare thoroughly. It is needed so as the strong areas can be enhanced, and weak areas can be improved. Applicants are recommended to make a time table and master the one single topic and they move to other topics.
- Applicants should know the exam pattern and detailed syllabus of each section. This is needed to prepare more for the section in which they weak in early days to understand better.
The below table shows the preparation tips for the section wise of the question paper: –
|General Awareness||Quantitative Aptitude||Reasoning|
|Make habit of reading newspaper or watching news daily. It is important to stay updated with current affairs||Have the detailed study of the syllabus and begin the preparation with the most scoring topics||It is necessary to have the clarity of basic concepts for this section.|
|Should try attempting Current Affairs quizzes of all genres regularly||The questions from this section involves calculation so answer needs to be checked carefully. Make the list of formulas while preparing||Make sure to not to rush to the solutions as this section needs a proper analysis of the given question.|
|Refer to Previous Year Papers to get the idea of questions asked||It is necessary to practice the variety of questions regularly. Practice more of simplifications, Number Series, Data Interpretation to score easily||Rigorous practice is needed as most of the topics like seating arrangement and puzzles will be clear only with regular practice.|
|Magazines like Pratiyogita Darpan and competition success review should be put in habit as it is important to familiarize with periodicals.||Don’t try to mug up the things but instead study and understand the concept and develop shortcuts and tricks||Make habit of using figures and diagrams while solving reasoning questions to simplify complex problems|
Stay connected with fellow students on PaGaLGuY for RRB NTPC Recruitment 2019
It is important that the applicants should stick to good books while preparing for the competitive examination.
Applicants can refer to below books for preparation: –
- For Arithmetic written by R.S Aggarwal
- For verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning written by R. S Aggarwal
- For Reasoning test written by R.S Aggarwal
- For Railway recruitment board exam by Upkar Publications
- For Upkar Railway Recruitment Board Exam written by Khanna & Verma
- For Traffic Apprentice Editorial Board written by Pratiyogita Darpan