The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) is India central bank, also member bank of the Asian Clearing Union which controls the issuance and supply of the Indian rupee. Until the Monetary Policy Committee was built up in 2016, it additionally controlled fiscal approach in India. It came into action on 1 April 1935 as per the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934. The first share capital was divided into shares of 100 each completely paid, which were at first owned totally by private shareholders. Following India autonomy on 15 th of August 1947, the RBI was nationalized on 1 January 1949.
RBI Grade B Recruitment Notification 2019 will soon be released by Reserve Bank of India (RBI). RBI Grade B Recruitment Notification 2019 will be released for the selection of Officers in Grade B (General), DR, DEPR and DSIM in Common Seniority Group (CSG) Streams. The RBI Grade B Recruitment process is expected to start in the month of April 2019.
RBI Grade B Recruitment Notification 2019 – Expected Dates
Though the RBI Grade B Recruitment Notification 2019 isn’t out yet. Keeping in mind, the last recruitment drive of RBI Group D, we have enlisted the important dates for the recruitment this year.
|Important Events||Dates (Tentative)|
|Official RBI Grade B Recruitment Notification Release Date||1st Week of May 2019|
|Start Date of Online Registration and payment of Application Fee||1st Week of May 2019|
|Last Date of Online Registration and submission of Online Fee||4th Week of May 2019|
|Issue Date of RBI Grade B Exam Phase-I Admit Card 2019||1st Week of June 2019|
|Examination Date for RBI Grade B Phase-I Exam||2nd Week of June 2019|
|Result Date of Phase-I||3rd Week of June 2019|
|Issue Date of Admit Card for Phase-II Exam||4th Week of June 2019|
|Examination Date for Phase-II Exam||1st Week of July 2019|
|Exam Result of Phase-II||2nd Week of July 2019|
|RBI Grade B Interview Date||August – October 2019|
|Final Result Declaration||November – 2019|
RBI Grade B Recruitment Notification – Expected Exam Pattern
RBI Grade B Exam Pattern will vary post-wise. Given below is the expected exam pattern for RBI Grade B for all the posts.
RBI Grade B Officers GR B (DR) – General
RBI Grade B Exam Phase – I
|English Language||Objective||200||120 minutes|
RBI Grade B Exam Phase – II
|Economic and Social Issues||Objective||200||120 minutes|
|English||Descriptive (Answers need to be typed with a keyboard)|
RBI Grade B Officers GR B (DR)-DEPR/DISM
RBI Grade B Exam Phase – I
RBI Grade B Exam Phase – II
|Economics/Statistics||Descriptive (Answers to be written
on paper to questions displayed on
the computer screen)
RBI Grade B Exam Phase – III
|English||Descriptive (Answers need to be typed
on to computer screen)
RBI Grade B Recruitment Notification – Application Process
Application Process for the RBI Grade B Recruitment 2019 is expected to start in the first week of May 2019. Given below is the expected Application process keeping in mind the prior recruitment drives.
- Go to the RBI Official Website and click on New Registrations.
- Register yourself and Save the Registration ID and Password for further use.
- Log In with your Registration ID and Password.
- Fill up the form with relevant details.
- Upload your Photograph & Signature.
- Move further to Payment of Fees.
- Submit your Application form.
RBI Grade B Recruitment – Eligibility Criteria
To appear for RBI Grade B Examination 2019, a candidate must be either:
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal or Bhutan, or
- a Tibetan refugee who is permanently settled in India prior to January 1, 1962, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from either Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, or Vietnam with the intention of residing permanently in India.
Please note that candidates belonging to categories (b), (c), and (d) should possess a certificate of eligibility issued by the Government of India.
- The minimum age limit for candidates to apply is 21 years while the upper age limit is 30 years as on May 1, 2019. For candidates with M.Phil. and Ph.D. qualifications, upper age limit will be 32 and 34 years respectively.
- Candidates falling under reserved category are eligible for relaxation in upper age limit as per Government of India norms.
C. Educational Qualifications
The educational qualifications as expected for the RBI Grade B Examination 2019 are listed below:
|Post||Minimum Educational Qualifications|
|Officers in Grade ‘B’ (DR) – (General)||At least 60% marks in aggregate for all semester/years
(50% for SC/ST/PWD) or an equivalent grade in Bachelor’s
degree as well as in 12th (or Diploma or equivalent) and 10th
Standard examinations from recognized University and
|Officers in Grade ‘B’ (DR) – DEPR||A Master’s Degree in Economics / Econometrics /
Quantitative Economics / Mathematical Economics /
Integrated Economics Course/ Finance, with a minimum
of 55% marks or an equivalent grade. SC/ST/PWD candidates
are allowed a relaxation of 5%
|Officers in Grade ‘B’ (DR) – DSIM||Essential: A Master’s Degree in Statistics/Mathematical
Economics/ Mathematical Statistics/Statistics &
Informatics/Econometrics from IIT-Kharagpur or
Applied Statistics & Informatics from IIT-Bombay with
at least 55% marks in aggregate of all semester/years or
an equivalent grade; OR
Note: For SC/ST/PWD candidates, the minimum marks required in
Number of Attempts:
If General Category candidates have already appeared 6-times for Phase-I Exam of this post in the past, then they would be considered ineligible to apply. However, there are no such restriction in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PWD if the posts are reserved for them.
RBI Grade B Admit Card
- Successful applicants for RBI Grade B Examination 2019 will be issued an e-Admit Card two week prior to the exam date.
- You can download the RBI Grade B admit card from the official website of bank.
- You should check the e- Admission Letter carefully and bring discrepancies/errors, if any, to the notice of Board immediately.
RBI Grade B Result
RBI Grade B Results for Phase I will be announced by June 3rd week (tentatively). After the announcement of RBI Grade B Result, no score cards will be issued for candidates. Marks obtained in RBI Grade B Examination 2019 Phase-I will be available on the website after the selection of candidates for Phase-II exam. However, the marks secured in Phase-II Exam and Interview will be available on RBI’s website only after the declaration of the final result.
- Candidates, who secure minimum marks as prescribed by the Board in Phase I exam will be shortlisted for the Phase II.
- The ‘corrected-scores’ obtained by each of the candidates in different phases of RBI Grade B Examination 2019 will be normalized using the equi-percentile method. Candidates have to secure minimum marks separately for each test as well as in aggregate, as may be prescribed by the Board.
- Shortlisted candidates for Phase-II exam will be published on the official website within a week of Phase-I exam.
- Candidates who qualify for subsequent rounds would be sent notifications via E-mail/SMS to download Admission Letters or Interview Call Letters.
RBI Grade B FAQs
Q.1 Is RBI Grade B tough?
Ans.1 This absolutely depends on the candidates and their preparation. Because the exam is to select candidates for the Officers post, it is expected to be of a good standard.
Q.2 Will there be RBI Grade B exam in 2019?
Ans.2 Yes the RBI Grade B exam is expected to be held in the month of June 2019.
Q.3 Who are Grade B Officers in RBI?
Ans.3 RBI Grade B Officers is a highly esteemed job in the Reserve Bank of India. To know the job profile, salary structure and perks of the post, go through the article given below:
RBI Grade B Work Profile
Q.4 Is RBI Grade B Exam conducted every year?
Ans.4 Yes, the exam is conducted every year.
For Other Banks Recruitment Notification Please Check, below Link
Bank of India Credit officer Recruitment 2018 – /articles/bank-of-india-credit-officer-recruitment-2018-selection-process
Vijaya Bank Credit Officer Result 2018 Declared – /articles/vijaya-bank-credit-officer-result-2018-declared
Indian Bank PO PGDBF Recruitment 2018 – /articles/indian-bank-po-pgdbf-recruitment-2018-result
- IBPS PO Recruitment 2018 – /articles/ibps-po-2018-main-exam-score-card-declared-check-now
Uttarakhand Cooperative Bank Recruitment 2019 – /articles/uttarakhand-cooperative-bank-recruitment-2019-apply-online-442-vacancies