The Government of Punjab has recently announced its decision to fill more than 19,000 vacancies in the state soon. As a part of this recruitment drive, 5000 vacancies will be advertised for various posts with the Punjab Police Department. The decision has been taken by the cabinet after orders from the Chief Minister of Punjab, Capt. Amrinder Singh to fill 19,000 vacancies with various government departments.
Out of these soon to be advertised 19,000 vacancies, 5,300 vacancies are in the electricity department, 2,500 vacancies are for the post of teachers, 5000 vacancies are for paramedics and specialized staff, 5000 vacancies are in the police department amongst several others.
Need for Punjab Police Recruitment 2019
More than 3 years have gone by since the last major recruitment drive by the Punjab Police Department. As a matter of fact the last major recruitment drive by the Punjab Police Department in the year 2016, when 13 different recruitment drives were held to fill various positions in the department.
As per the recent orders by the Hon’ble Punjab and Haryana High Court, setting up of committee has been recommended to improve the efficiency of the department by working on the service conditions of the police personnel.
Announcement of Punjab Police Recruitment 2019
The announcement for Punjab Police 2019 recruitment drive will either be made individually for each post or can also be through a common notice. Here is a timeline of the major events pertaining to the Punjab Police Recruitment 2019: –
- Firstly, the Punjab Police Recruitment 2019 Notification will be announced and published on the official website of the Punjab Police Department, i.e. punjabpolice.gov.in.
- The notification will provide complete details of the various important aspects related to Punjab Police Recruitment 2019, e. eligibility criteria, vacancies, selection process, registration process etc.
- Subsequently, the interested candidates must fill the online application form to apply for the vacancies announced under Punjab Police Recruitment 2019 Notification. Candidates must ensure that they satisfy the eligibility criteria for the respective post before applying including the minimum qualification required.
- Once the application form is successfully submitted by the applicant, he/she will receive the admit card and/or the call letter. Candidates must carry the admit card with them for the examination.
- Depending on the position applied for, candidates will have to appear for a written exam as well as other relevant tests like standards test, physical efficiency test etc.
- Candidates who clear the different stages of the selection process successfully will be appointed at various police stations and offices across the state of Punjab.
Though the announcement for the Punjab Police Recruitment 2019 has not yet been made, it is expected that the same would be made pretty soon. Once the announcement is made, it will be published on the official website of the Punjab Police Department, i.e. www.punjabpolice.gov.in.