The last date to register for the National Eligibility Test (NET) has been extended by the National Testing Agency (NTA). Earlier the last date to apply for the exam was 9th October 2019, and now it has been extended to 15th October 2019.
Candidates who are interested and willing to apply for the exam must apply for the same through the official website. The NET exam is being conducted twice every year. The exam is to get the eligibility for the post of assistant professor at various government and private colleges.
As the number of applicants increases this time, the board has decided to keep the request from the candidates and extend the last date to apply for the exam. Along with the last date to register, the last date to pay the application fee also has been extended.
Steps to apply for UGC NET December 2019:
- Visit the official website, as mentioned above.
- Click on the ‘UGC NET 2019 December registration’ link.
- You will get redirected to a new window or page.
- Enter the details required to register.
- Then log in using the newly created registration number and other credentials.
- Fill the application form.
- Upload the images of the document as required.
- Pay the application fee online.
- Submit the application form.
- Print the application form for future reference.
Earlier the last date to pay the application fee was 10th October 2019 which is now being extended to 16th October 2019. The correction window will be available from 18th to 25th October 2019. Candidates must do the corrections required during this time. You can also read, NTA UGC NET December 2019.
The exam will be held from 2nd to 6th December 2019. As NTA UGC NET is a bi-yearly exam so, the registration for June 2020 exam will commence from 16th March 2020. Candidates who score 55 per cent marks will be considered qualified. For reserved category candidates, the qualifying marks will be 50 per cent.