The NTA or National Testing Agency is a government elected body which conducts examinations of national importance. JEE Main or the Joint Entrance Exam is one of these. It is conducted to determine which students should get admission into the national level engineering colleges like NITs, IITs and other CFTIs (Centrally Funded Technical Institutions), etc.
Along with the performance of a particular student in the Class 12 board exam, the JEE Main exam scores are what determine the eligibility for admission.
The online application procedure for the JEE Main 2020 examination is supposed to end today, 10th of October 2019, before evening. Therefore, all interested candidates who still haven’t been able to register themselves and fill up the form must do so at the earliest or else you shall not be allowed to sit for the 2020 examination.
|Start Date of the Application||3rd September 2019|
|Last Date of the Application||10th October 2019|
|Official Website Link||https://jeemain.nta.nic.in/webinfo/public/home.aspx|
|Link for Application||JEE MAIN 2020 Registration|
The online registration and application process for the exam had begun on the 3rd of September 2019 while the last date to apply had been set as the 30th of September 2019. However, this deadline had been extended until today, 10th October 2019. Candidates must apply as quickly as possible to avoid any further problems. Here’s how one can apply-
- Log on to the official website of NTA JEE Main which is https://jeemain.nta.nic.in/webinfo/public/home.aspx.
- Click on the ‘Fill Application Form’ option flashing on the page.
- Register yourself first by providing the basic details required.
- Now fill up the Application Form in detail and very carefully. Check twice before hitting ‘submit’.
- Upload scanned images of your photograph, signature, etc.
- Pay the application fees online.
- Download and print a copy of the final application for further use.
Stay connected with fellow students on PaGaLGuY for JEE Main Exam Discussion
While filling up the form, however, a lot of candidates end up making a few careless mistakes which may actually prove to be very difficult and may also lead to disqualification of the application. Here are three very basic mistakes but very important ones that must be avoided-
- There should be no mistake in the spelling of your name and your date of birth. These are 2 of the most basic parts of your identity, and one must be cautious of avoiding any mistakes with these. Spell your name correctly, check the spelling twice or thrice. Enter the date of birth very carefully by selecting the correct date and month under the correct year. These details should match with the details mentioned on your class 10 boards admit card/ mark sheet/ passing certificate. In case of any difference or discrepancy, your application will stand disqualified.
- Choosing the centre from where you will appear for the examination is another very significant part of the form. It is advisable to go through the given options carefully and choose the cities of your convenience in the proper order of priority. No changes shall be accepted even upon requests later on.
- Paying the application fee is obviously the final and the most important part of the entire process because failure to make the payment on time instantly translates into disqualification of your application form. The payment window for the JEE Main exam also closes today. Hence, please check the status of your payment and make sure you pay online before the deadline.