Who is using caliper?
“When you can look beneath the surface to see what motivates an athlete, you can turn up the volume on the desirable qualities and accelerate that player’s development.”
- Ricardo Roman, Vice President of Strategic Alliances and Caliper Sports, Caliper
Sports team managers for NBA (National Basketball Association), NFL (National Football League) MLB (Major League Baseball) and NHL (National Hockey League), traditionally based their drafting selections on seemingly obvious and common-sense criteria: skills and historic performance records of players.
However, team managers have felt that knowing an athlete’s basics is not enough to create a winning team. One needs to understand the true potential of all players.
Team Managers for team sports such as NBL, NFL, MLB, NHL and others use the Caliper Profile to gain personality insights on each player. This enables them to assess areas of strength and improvement, in individual players as well as in team dynamics.
By using the Caliper Profile to measure personality scores against typical indicators of performance success, managers can predict which players:
- Are less likely to panic and force plays when an opposing player is bearing down
- Show the discipline needed to engage in repetitive drills and shooting practice
- Will tend to remain focused in stressful situations
- Possess the right attitude to work as a team player and take the lead, when necessary
- Can take risks in order to make a positive impact on their team
- Show a strong correlation between on-base percentage and the ability to be assertive, resilient, and willing to take risks
Caliper has helped many team managers make data driven decision to create winning teams.
What does this mean for MBA applicants?
The tendency to assume that tremendous talent and analytical ability equals leadership is as inaccurate in business as it is in professional sports.
Usage of Caliper assessment tool is not limited to Sports alone. Caliper can be used for virtually any role in any industry such as Pharma and Healthcare, Manufacturing and Private Equity and Finance.
At SOIL, Caliper helps us select students who
- Possess Leadership Potential
- Are Team Players
- Are Innovative Thinkers
Caliper assessment contains 180 questions, there is no right or wrong answer to the questions. The primary personality skills highlighted in Caliper test questions are:
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving/Decision Making
- Personal Organization/Time Management
The Caliper report is shared with every applicant, irrespective of the offer decision. Every SOIL student uses caliper to understand his strengths and areas of improvement in to develop an individualized learning plan and discover their leadership potential.
For more queries click here
To know more click here