The Northeast Frontier Railway is one of the eighteen railway zones in India with its headquarters located in Maligaon, Guwahati. This zone has been operational since the last 61 years and looks into the railway operations of eastern India, along with various parts of West Bengal and Bihar. The Northeast Frontier Railway has five divisions for administrative purposes. It also provides several recruitment opportunities in these areas through its official website.
The Northeast Frontier Railway has invited the applications for various Apprentice posts through the offline mode. It has notified a total of 2590 vacancies for these posts across six of its units. Candidates, however, can only apply under any one of the given units. The vacancies available in different units are as follows –
- 437 posts in Alipurduar
- 328 posts in Rangia
- 1004 posts in Lumding
- 331 posts in Tinsukia
- 341 posts in New Bongaigaon Workshop and EWS/BNGN
- 149 posts in Dibrugarh
|Last Date of Application||31st October 2019|
|Official website Link||https://nfr.indianrailways.gov.in|
The application process for this post began on 18th September 2019 and will be over by 31st October 2019 at 5:00 pm. Even though the application needs to be made through the offline mode, the forms for the application are available on the official website of Northeast Frontier Railway.
In order to make the application, candidates can refer to the following steps –
- Step-1: Visit the official website of Northeast Frontier Railway, which is https://nfr.indianrailways.gov.in
- Step-2: Candidates must click on the ‘General info’ tab available on the homepage.
- Step-3: Under this, click on the option ‘Departments’ followed by the option of ‘Personnel’
- Step-4: In the dialogue box, click on the link that reads ‘Apprentice Notification.’
- Step-5: Candidates will be redirected to a new page which will contain the detailed instructions about the application process. Carefully read through these details before filling the application form.
- Step-6: Download the application form.
- Step-7: Take a printout of the application form and fill up the details.
The application form should be attached with the self-attested copies of several documents which are as follows-
- Proof of educational qualification
- Proof of date of birth
- Caste certificate (if any)
- Ex-servicemen certificate (if any)
- Proof of Technical qualifications
The Candidates who have passed the class 10 examination with at least 50% marks are eligible to apply. The minimum age of application is 15 years and the maximum age being 24 years. Details about the eligibility criteria are available in the detailed notification and must be checked before applying.
Candidates will be selected on the basis of a merit list as prepared by Northeast Frontier Railway, and shortlisted candidates will be called in for document verification.