National Insurance Company Ltd. will conduct online exam for the post of Administrative officer in April 2015. Many of you have applied for and will appear in this exam. A candidate should know the pattern and syllabus of the exam in order to qualify and to score good marks.
So to help your preparation, we are presenting you the detailed pattern and syllabus of the NICL Administrative officer exam. The Descriptive English Test will be conducted only through online mode.
Selection process in NICL AO exam has two phases:
1. Online Exam: Candidates who will qualify the online exam will be shortlisted for Interview.
Pattern of the NICL AO Exam: 2015
1. Final selection will be made on the basis of performance in the online examination and Interview.
2. There is a negative mark of for each wrong answer (1/4th of marks assigned to that question) for the online test.
– In Reasoning section questions
are asked from different topics which are as follows:
2. Seating Arrangement – Circular table and
Line (North & South)
4. Blood Relation
6. Data Sufficiency
7. Mathematical Operation or Inequalities
Aptitude: In quant section questions are
asked from different topics which are as follows:
1. Data Interpretation (DI) – These questions
cover different forms of D.I. based on Tables, Pie – Charts, Bar Graphs, etc.
2. Number Series
4. Profit & Loss
5. Time & Work
6. Time & Distance
8. Ratio & Proportion
9. Problem on Ages
Language: In English Language section
questions are asked from different topics which are as follows:
1. Reading Comprehension
2. Spotting Error
3. Fill in the blank
4. Cloze test
Awareness – In GA section questions are
asked from different topics which are occurred in last three or four months.
1. Questions can be asked from Insurance
2. Banking Awareness
3. Financial Awareness (Union Budget/ Railway
4. Current Affairs – Questions can be asked
from various fields such as: National, International, Awards, Sports, Defence,
Summits, Appointment, Books & Authors and Obituary etc.
Descriptive Test – Descriptive
test will comprise of Essay, Precis and Comprehension.
1. The Descriptive English Test will be
conducted only through online mode. Questions will be displayed on the screen
of your computer.
2. Answers are to be typed using the keyboard.
Before start of typing answers to questions in 3. Descriptive Paper please
check all key functions of the keyboard. You will get 45 minutes to answer the
3. The total marks of the examination will be
200 which include 40 marks of the English Descriptive Section.
4. Candidates will be shortlisted for Interview
on the basis of overall marks scored in objective and descriptive section taken
together against full marks of 200.
Note: Exam syllabus will be same for Generalist
and Specialist. But in Specialist
stream, an additional test to assess technical & professional knowledge in
the relevant discipline. So there will be six sections in Specialist exam.
For General Awareness section, please
download our General Awareness Bullet and follow Daily Current Affairs Update. Our
updates will help you prepare for upcoming exams as they cover all relevant
Banking and Current Affair topics.
You can download the February GK Bullet here:
Also Download our previous bullets:
1. January GK Bullet: http://bit.ly/jan_gk_bullet
2. For Banking and Interview Prep: http://bit.ly/bankpointerview
3. General Awareness Bullet (Oct – Dec 2014): http://bit.ly/pagalguy_gk_bullet
Best of Luck for your exams!