New India Assurance Company Limited (NIACL) is one of the most sought-after government exams that gives work-life balance with a handsome salary. It recruits Administrative Officer (AO) in scale I and selection process include the three phases Prelims, Mains and Interview. Candidates would need to clear all the three phases to secure the position in the merit list.
Candidates would need to plan the perfect strategy as the NIACL has for the first time introduced sectional timing of 20 minutes each in every section.
Stay connected with fellow students on PaGaLGuY for NIACL AO 2018-2019 – Recruitment
Candidates can follow the below preparation tips to be successful in NIACL AO selection process: –
- English Section – The section can be most scoring if the candidate is entirely prepared. The key to top this section is reading extensively. Candidates should remember that only mugging up rules of grammar won’t help, so they should develop the habit of reading the newspaper daily as it will increase the vocabulary and general awareness. The three sections of English which are Comprehension, Grammar and Vocabulary should be thoroughly prepared.
- Reasoning Ability Section – This section is considered to add the surprising element in the question paper every year. Candidates are advised to solve the standalone questions first like syllogism, blood relations, inequalities, directions based etc and then move to the puzzles and arrangements questions to increase the overall score with accuracy. The extensive practice is required to solve the questions easily for this section. It is recommended to solve as many questions as possible through mock and previous year questions paper.
- Quantitative Aptitude Section – The important thing for this section is to get the basics right and clear. Candidates with strong mathematical abilities will easily solve this section. The best way to prepare for this section is to attempt daily quizzes as it would brush up the basics as well as increase the speed and problem-solving capabilities.
- Prepare Notes – It is highly recommended that the candidates go through the detailed syllabus for the each section and start as early as possible. You should make notes on the daily basis and revise them regularly. It is advised that candidates prepare a comprehensive note on Quant, Reasoning, English Language and General Awareness.
- Test Series – It would be good if the candidates enrol themselves for the test series so that they can get constant practice which will keep them exam ready without any fear of the exam. This exam is all about the candidate’s patience, discipline and constant practice. It is required that the candidates develop a time-table and stick to it with adequate time for revision in between. Even if they don’t want to enrol in test series then they should plan the group studies which is equally beneficial in preparation.
- Good Health – The most important thing is that the candidates should keep themselves fit and fine. It is important that they live stress free and exercise regularly. It is required to ease out the exam pressure and also they must stay away from distractions like TV and mobile phones and utilise their time in the best way.