NEET 2016: Online registration for 3,865 seats begin today

NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) aspirants can now register online to participate in the seat allocation process by the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC).  Candidates can register for the counselling by August 25, 2016, 5 pm. 

Aspirants should double check the details while registering for the online counselling process as they have to match with the details as printed in the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) admit card. They will require the following details on hand while registering:

    • Roll number (as on CBSE admit card)
    • Registration number (as on CBSE admit card)
    • Candidate’s name (as on CBSE admit card)
    • Mother’s name (as on CBSE admit card)
    • Date of Birth (as on CBSE admit card)
    • Mobile number (candidates will need to enter the One Time Password (OTP))
    • Email address

“About 56,000 seats are available for MBBS and BDS aspirants in government colleges across the country. Out of the 56,000 seats, only 3,865 are available under the 15% all India quota, and they will be allocated through MCC,” said Dr Sanyam Bhardwaj, Officer on Special Duty, NEET. The remaining 85% are state quota seats and will be allocated by individual states as per their schedule.