The Ministry of Human Resource Department (MHRD) has started accepting applications from Indian Nationals residing in India for the Commonwealth Scholarship for Masters/ PhD level Study In New Zealand. Applicants can apply online at http://proposal.sakshat.ac.in/scholarship/. Apart from applying online, the applicant must download and complete the prescribed New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarship application form, and submit it with supporting documents to the MHRD at the time of interview. The last day to apply for the scholarship is March 30, 2017.
The financial aid provided will support the following areas during the candidate’s academic programme.
- Full tuition fees.
- A fortnightly living allowance – this is a contribution to basic living expenses.
- An establishment allowance – this is a once-only payment as a contribution towards accommodation expenses, text books, study material, etc.
- Medical and travel insurance.
- Travel to and from scholar’s home country – this is for travel from scholar’s home country at the start of the scholarship, and for return to scholar’s home country at the end of your scholarship.
- Home leave or reunion travel for some scholars.
- Assistance with research and thesis costs for many postgraduate research students.
The eligibility criteria and supporting documents required for application are detailed in the scholarship circular released by the MHRD yesterday, February 28. Read here.