HomeMBA Articles
  • Articles
  • MDI, Murshidabad: Placement Report, 2017

    MDI, Murshidabad successfully completed final placement for the PGPM Batch of 2015-2017, and once again saw top brands recruiting from the specialisations across Marketing, Finance, Human Resources and Operations. The batch availed opportunities in diversified profiles and across various functions in the organisational set-up.

    MDI had the privilege of hosting some of the biggest names from the industry for the Final Placements this year. The most striking feature of this placement season was the plethora of new recruiters turning up to the campus, impressed by the students’ performance from industrial corridor. With a healthy rise of 16% in the highest package offered to the students, some of the companies that recruited were ICICI Bank, ICICI Securities, Reliance Retail, Tata Teleservices, SBI Life Insurance, Uflex, Linde, Euromonitor International, etc.

    Placement offers were received from various sectors such as BFSI, Retail, Telecom, Consulting, Chemicals, IT, Airline etc. There was an 11% increase in the number of recruiters and 18% of the students got PPOs/PPIs. The average package was 8.56 lacs wherein the highest package was 11.60 lacs.

    The student mix was very diverse for the batch. 59% of the students were freshers whereas the remaining 41% of the students had work experience between 0 to more than 3 years.

    The students get great exposure and opportunities to learn and interact with the industry. The PGP course pedagogy of MDI Murshidabad is same as MDI Gurgaon and students of MDI Murshidabad spend 16.7% of their course duration in MDI Gurgaon. Also, the students participated and won in major corporate and Inter Institutional competitions like The Smart Cube Case Study contest, X-Seed’16, Conflux’16, Tactica’16 and many more.

    Read Next