Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) is a national exam that is conducted for teachers or candidates aspiring to become teachers at the school level. Most states, however, conduct their own TET.
TET is the basic qualification needed for a candidate to be able to teach classes I-VIII and is a compulsory exam for all government school teachers. Candidates can prepare for TET by knowing the exam details and accordingly planning their preparation process.
Maharashtra Teacher Eligibility Test is conducted by Maharashtra State Council of Examination (MSCE). The Council has officially released the notification for the Maharashtra TET 2019. Candidates interested to appear for the exam can now apply for it.
Maharashtra TET exam comprises of two papers – Paper-I and Paper-II. Candidates appearing for the prior get qualified for teaching Primary classes (I-V) whereas candidates appearing for the second paper can qualify for teaching Upper Primary Classes (VII-VIII). Candidates can also appear for both the papers.
The application process has started from 8th November 2019, and the last date till which the candidates can apply is 28th November 2019.
Some other important dates pertaining to Maharashtra TET are as follows –
- Release of admit card: 4th January 2020
- Maharashtra TET exam date: 19th January 2020
- Release of the Answer key for 2019: January 2020
- Date of the result: March 2020
- Certificate for the exam: April 2020
Candidates who wish to apply for the exam can follow the steps as stated below –
- Step-1: Visit the official website of Maharashtra TET, which is https://mahatet.in/
- Step- 2: Register to the website by filling in the necessary details correctly.
- Step-3: Once registered, candidates will have to log in using their registration ID and password.
- Step-4: Fill in the application form with all the details asked for.
- Step-5: Candidates will then have to upload scanned copies of their photograph and signature. The size of the documents should be according to the prescribed dimensions.
- Step-6: Candidates will then have to make the payment of the fees.
- Step-7: Finally, submit the application form.
Here are the payment details for the application according to the categories for the candidates –
- General, OBC, etc. – Rs 500/- for one paper and Rs 800/- for both the papers.
- Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribes and Persons with Disabilities – Rs 250/- for one paper and Rs 400/- for both the papers.
Payment for the application fee will only be accepted through online payment options.
Candidates must check the eligibility criteria before making their application. It is different for both the papers. If the candidates do not meet the eligibility criteria, their application will be rejected.
To download their admit cards, candidates will have to wait until it is published, that is, is on 4th January 2020. It is easy to download the admit card as it will be available of Maharashtra TET’s official website.
Both the papers for Maharashtra TET will be for 150 marks each and will feature Multiple Choice Questions from different subjects. It can be expected that the cut off marks for the papers will be 60% for the General category candidates and 55% for candidates of other categories. For more details, candidates can visit the official website of Maharashtra TET.