Maharashtra Common Entrance Test or MAH CET is one of the most popular management exams to take place in Maharashtra. This exam offers the opportunity to enrol in some of the best business schools in the state. This computer-based exam may sound easy to crack on the face of it but can be quite tough if you do not have the correct guidance.
The Maharashtra Common Entrance Test or MAH CET MBA exams for 2019 are all set to take place on 9th and 10th March. Here is all that you need to know about the MAH-CET entrance paper:
- 200 multiple choice questions,
- You will be given 150-minutes to solve the paper,
- The paper is divided into two sections, and they are
- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension and
- Quantitative Aptitude and Logical / Abstract Reasoning.
For each correct answer, the candidate will be awarded one mark. There is no concept of negative marking for these exams.
How to crack the MAH-CET exam?
The MAH-CET exam tests the thinking ability of the candidates and tests their mental capacities to see if they will be able to fit the courses that they would choose in future. Since the exam syllabus is quite diverse and wide, it may become very hard for a student to crack the paper.
Here are some essential tips to help you out:
- Thorough studies: If you wish to crack the entrance test without any worries, it is advised that you devote enough time to your studies. MAH-CET entrance may seem easier in comparison to CAT and other MBA entrance counterparts, but the sheer limitation of time during the exams make it hard.
To make sure that you solve all the questions on the question paper, you should diligently study the subjects.
- Time Management: It is no secret that time management becomes hard for students. To make sure that you can feel stress-free when you appear for the exam, make sure that you time yourself. Find practise papers for MAH-CET MBA and solve them by setting the alarm for 150 minutes. This will help you to practise your speed and will help you to get used to working your mind faster. Furthermore, the true benefit of this exercise is that you will not be stressed on the actual day of the entrance.
- Devote time to all sections: To make sure that you are studying properly for the exam, divide your time according to the various sections. It is only natural that you give verbal ability and reading comprehension as much time as you spend on numerical problems as well as on reasoning questions.
- Speedy test solving skills: Another point to be remembered is that you will need to train your mind to process the information faster. Since time management in the MAH-CET exams is of prime importance, you will need to practise enough to get your paper solving skills at their best. To gain the upper hand, you could try reducing the time for your practise papers. For example, if the actual exam is held for 150 minutes, you can set your practise paper’s time alarm for 120 minutes or less.
- Practice all the sections properly: Since visuals in the MAH-CET exam forms is a fairly new addition, you could easily find yourself getting confused with these. To make sure that you do not find yourself overly stressed over the questions, you should find practise questions for the same. If you do not have books to offer you support, make use of the internet to find such questions.
When you begin practising, make sure that you start from the easiest levels of questions, this will help you to gradually progress to advanced levels. Additionally, it will help you get a better and deeper understanding of the subject.
Some last minute tips
Here are some last minute tips to help you crack the MAH-CET MBA exams:
- Do not slack off when it comes to practising. Participate in mock tests, online or offline. They may seem to be a waste of time for you, but honestly, nothing prepares you for the exam better than mock tests.
- Make use of rough spaces to jot down pointers. Logical reasoning questions are engineered to confuse you. Make sure that you jot down the pointers.
- When you appear for the exam, begin with the section you are most comfortable with. This will help you manage time.
Make sure that you find the time to revise your basics before you appear for the exam.
For discussion on preparation, refer to /discussions/mba-cet-2018-mocks-ims-time-cetkinghkf-etc-scores-and-discussions-5100631697129472