The Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust is the largest container port in India. It is a port on the Arabian Sea and operates from Mumbai, Maharashtra. Operating at such a large scale, the workforce and administration behind the organisation are huge. Thus, the Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust carries out recruitment drives from time to time to fill in the vacancies with capable candidates.
Recently, JNPT released a new job notification according to which it has invited application from all eligible candidates. The post for which the recruitment is being conducted is that of the Assistant Manager for Port Planning and Development.
One must note that there is only one vacancy for the post. Thus, the candidates can expect a strong competition as a job opportunity in the JNPT is not an offer one would want to miss.
Before making the application, candidates must make a note of the eligibility criteria for the post. The eligibility includes the following –
- Graduate in Civil Engineering or an equivalent degree from a recognised institution or University.
- Candidates should have at least 5 years of experience in Planning/ Construction/ Design/ Maintenance, preferably of a port.
- The age limit of the candidates should be between 18-35 years.
In order to apply, candidates will have to do so through the offline mode. The address where the application needs to be submitted is as follows –
Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust, Administration Building,
Sheva, Navi Mumbai – 400707
Candidates can apply for the post latest by 22nd November 2019. The application submitted by the candidates should have attached the following documents –
- Self-attested copy of identity proof.
- Self-attested copy of the photograph
- Disability certificate (if any)
- Caste certificate (if any)
- All other important testimonials such as proof of educational qualification, experience certificate etc.
The selection process for the post will involve oral interviews, along with the consideration of experience and additional qualifications. Details about the interview will be informed to the candidates through the contact details they will provide on their application.
Once the candidates have applied, they are advised to prepare for the interview. They must have a good preparation with regard to the port, management and development. They must also keep a regular check on the official website of Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust, which is http://www.jnport.gov.in/ Any changes or developments in the recruitment drive will be uploaded on the official website.