“The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.”
With the unique theme of “Lessons in Leadership From Sports”, Synergy – HR Club of IMT-H in association with “More than HR” presents Trailblazers 3.0, a platform that helps professionals to contribute to the organization’s development by connecting through knowledge, ideas and experiences.
The speakers of the day were:
- Rohini Rau – Sailor, India’s top Woman Sailor, Medical Doctor- Senior Medical Officer, TEDx fellow, Facilitator-Human Centered Design harped on the importance of focus and shared her experience and the lessons which she learnt while sailing. According to her, we often miss out on a lot of things in order to focus on a particular thing and she also highlighted the need to focus in a multiple number of things to achieve success.
- Harimohan Paruvu, former Ranji Trophy player, Author of 50 Not Out, Coach, Motivational Speaker, Workshop Facilitator spoke on how he connects cricket with life. Talking passionately about cricket, he enlightened the audience with various lessons in leadership which he learnt from sports.
- Dev Prasad, QA Head, Engg. Solutions at Robert Bosch and Author of Bestseller “Pitch It” spoke about humility and how he admired JRD TATA. Discussing about cricket, he shared the idea that self-belief can make you do things that you never thought you were capable of achieving.
- Meghana Gundapally, Rhythmic Gymnast at Commonwealth Games for India spoke about her journey to becoming a national Rhythmic Gymnast and hardships she faced in her career to reach her ultimate goal of representing India on a national level. Rhythmic gymnastics is something which is comparatively lesser known in India than the other sports, so building her position among the greatest in the world was a tough battle. She also talked about how sports taught her that mistakes happen but it’s important to move on and keep learning from the past experiences.
- Yogesh Maurya, Technical and Sporting Director, Fateh Hyderabad A.F.C. Premier India Partner, shared his idea of goal achievement as focusing on what is in your control. He also emphasized the need to understand the strength and weaknesses of the team members as an individual as it acts as a key feature towards motivating them. Moreover, he also stressed on the importance of rest, rejuvenation and nutrition in the life of athlete.
- Nagapuri Ramesh, Dronacharya awardee and coach to Indian champion Dutee Chand spoke that as a coach identification of talent and nurturing them is one of their major responsibility. Talking about the importance of a proper guidance he said, “We don’t create champions, we create a champion mind-set.”