Named after the former Prime Minister of India, the Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) is a central university providing education in various subjects for both graduation and post-graduation.
It claims to be one of the largest universities in the world providing high quality education and training to its students. IGNOU, located in New Delhi, has nearly 67 regional centres of operation.
Every year, IGNOU provides admission opportunity for the next academic session. All the necessary details relating to the admission process for the various courses are provided by the university on its official website.
The Indira Gandhi National Open University has opened the admission portal for almost all the courses provided by it. The admissions are being conducted for the year 2020. Any student interested in applying can now do so by going through the details of the courses.
Before applying, students are advised to first go through the detailed instructions provided by IGNOU on its official website. In order to do so they can follow a few simple steps –
- Step-1 : Visit the official website of IGNOU, which is http://www.ignou.ac.in/
- Step-2 : Navigate to the ‘Alerts’ section on the homepage of the website.
- Step-3 : Click on the link which reads “Online Admission Open for Jan. 2020 Session.”
- Step-4 : A new page will open up. The page states all the important instructions pertaining to the admission process.
- Step-5 : Students must go through all the instructions carefully and understand the process of application.
Once done, they can apply for the desired courses according to the procedure laid down. To make an application for any course, candidates must be registered on the website. If they are applying for the first time, here are the steps by which they can register themselves –
- Step-1 : Click on the ‘New registration’ option available on the candidate log in area on the website of IGNOU.
- Step-2 : Choose a username and password according to prescribed instructions.
- Step-3 : Fill in all the other details required to be filled in.
- Step-4 : Click on the submit option.
- Step-5 : Candidates will immediately receive their username through a message and email.
The registration details are very important as they will be needed for application into the various courses.
Candidates are also advised to keep all of their educational documents, scanned photograph and scanned signature ready before diving into the application process.
During the application process, candidates will also have to pay the requisite application fee, which is Rs 1000/- for most of the courses. The payment of the fees can only be made through the online mode. Students must note that once the fees is paid, it will not be refunded under any circumstances.
The applications for all the courses in IGNOU has started from 15th November 2019. Interested students must apply at the earliest.