Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC), also known as the Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai, is the governing body of India. It has the responsibility of Mumbai’s administration and development.
From looking into structural development to the social aspects of growth, BMC plays an important role.It also looks into the administration of suburban areas near Mumbai.
In order to work efficiently, BMC employs a large number of people at various administrative ranks. Thus, whenever there is any vacancy in the BMC, one can check the recruitment opportunities on BMC’s official website, where it releases notifications for the same.
BMC had recently announced the vacancy for the position of Junior Engineer (JE). For carrying out the recruitment for this position, an examination will be conducted. BMC had invited applications from all interested candidates in the month of October 2019.
The exam date for BMC JE 2019 has been set as 25th November 2019. Recently, BMC has also released the admit card or call letter for the exam, which is a very important document. All applicants must download it at the earliest.
|1||Publication of notification||October 2019|
|2||Examination Date||25th November 2019|
|3||Declaration of result||To be announced|
How to download the admit card
In order to download the admit card, candidates can follow the steps as given below –
- Step-1 : Visit the official website of BMC, which is https://portal.mcgm.gov.in/
- Step-2 : Click on the Career Tab on the homepage. In the drop-down menu,click on the Recruitment option.
- Step-3 : Under the ‘City Engineer’ heading one will find the link reading “Online Exam Call letter for Junior Engineer (Civil/M & E)” Click on the link.
- Step-4 : Candidates will be redirected to a new page. They will be required to fill in their credentials like date of birth and registration number. They will also be asked to fill in a captcha. Press on the login option.
- Step-5 : Download the admit card which appears on the screen.
- Step-6 : Take a printout of the admit card for future purposes.
Format of the exam
The examination conducted by BMC will be a written examination which will be followed by an interview of only those candidates who clear the examination.
The BMC JE exam will feature Multiple Choice Questions for a total of 100 marks. Candidates will be given a time limit of 90 minutes (one and a half hours) to finish the papers. The areas for which candidates will be tested are as follows –
- General Knowledge : 20 marks
- Intellectual Potential : 20 marks
- Technical Knowledge : 60 marks
It is mandatory for the candidates to carry their admit card on the day of the exam along with valid identity proof (both original and a photocopy). A recent passport size photograph must also be pasted on the call letter.