IBPS (Institute of Banking Personnel Selection) conducted IBPS RRB Common Written Test for recruitment of Office Assistants (clerk). It is considered to be one of the toughest and competitive exams in India. In order to become an Assistant in Regional Rural Bank, the candidates must first take the preliminary examination and then the main examination. Based on their performance in the main exam, they will be selected by the rural banks. Document verification dates will be notified to the selected candidates by the concerned banks.
This is an online examination with multiple choice questions. The preliminary examination was conducted on 18, 19 and 25 of August 2018. The main exam was conducted on 7th of October 2018. The results of IBPS RRB clerk are out. Lakhs of candidates apply for RRB clerk each year and this year was no different. In this year, there are 5249 vacancies announced for IBPS RRB Assistant.
Preliminary exam pattern:
|S.NO||Sections||No of Questions||Marks|
The time duration for preliminary RRB clerical exam is cumulative of 45 minutes. The candidates who are able to clear the cutoff fixed by the IBPS, they will be called for the main exam. Each question carries one mark and there will be a negative marking of ¼ for each wrong answer.
Main exam pattern:
|S. no||Sections||No of questions||Marks|
The time duration for RRB clerical main examination is the cumulative time of 2 hours. In the language test, the candidates can select English or Hindi and it will be optional.
The candidates can check the result by following the given steps:
- Log on to IBPS official website www.ibps.in
- Click the result link
- Provide the required details
- Enter ‘submit’ button
- You can view and download the result
- Also, you can take a print copy of the result for future reference.
Click Here To Discuss IBPS RRB CWE VII Result With Fellow Applicant.
The cutoffs will be calculated as per the category and state wise. The official cutoff will be decided by the Board. The actual cutoff for RRB clerk exam has not yet released. But the expected cutoffs are given below. There might be fluctuations by 2 or 3 marks in the actual cutoff. Here are the section wise and total expected cutoffs for 20118 given category wise:
Category wise sectional cutoffs for the Main exam:
Overall cutoffs for the Main exam:
The cutoff marks will be evaluated by:
- By considering the candidates’ scores in each section
- By considering the Total Weighted Score (TWS)
- By TS against 3 times the total number of vacancies that year
For IBPS RRB clerk exam, the candidates are required to obtain a minimum score in each section of the online main examination. According to that, the selected candidates will be shortlisted for provisional allotment. The shortlisting will be done according to the vacancies available. For RRB office Assistant post, the main examination marks will be considered for final merit list as there will be no interview process in this posting.
Once the candidates are able to clear the official cutoffs, the candidates will be called for the language proficiency test.
- The candidates should have studied the official state language till 8th standard or any level above 8th standard from any Government recognized university or should have any certificate to the effect for 8th standard or any level above 8th standard and then it would be considered proficient in that local language.
- If any candidate cannot meet the above-mentioned requirement during the selection time then he/she will be given a six month time period from the date of joining to acquire the proficiency. The time period for the language proficiency can be extended by the Board by considering the rules and also it should not extend beyond the probation period.
To Know More About IBPS RRB CWE VII Recruitment Exam and Result Click Here.