The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) will be conducting the Personal interviews of stage-2 qualified candidates for IBPS Probationary Officer’s selection, often called as IBPS PO (CWE-VI PO/MT). Here is a list of most expected questions with their answers to help you clear the IBPS PO interviews which are going to be conducted from February, 2017.
- Tell me about yourself?
This is the most expected question in any interview. It allows you to present various salient aspects of your personality, including traits, achievements, aspirations, motivations and ambitions. While answering this question your focus should be to highlight your strengths and you should have a very well prepared answer for this question. Keep your introduction simple and crisp, else you risk making it boring. After all, an interview is a two-way conversation and you are not there to give a speech. Use your time wisely as interviewers are not interested in irrelevant details.
- Why do you want to join the Banking sector?
i.Because, Banking is one of the most fast growing and significant sector of the Indian economy.
ii.It will serve as a great beginning for a long-term career and will also provide opportunities for learning and growth. iii. It includes various job profiles and since many roles demand direct interaction with customers, it is an excellent platform to implement and develop one’s interpersonal skills, salesmanship skills, etc.
iv. Many roles in the banking sector demand analytical, mathematical, or financial skills. Thus, it is a great option for those with expertise in these areas.
- Why do you want to join the government sector?
i. Government sector employs the biggest number of people, offering diverse roles and profiles.
ii. Candidates have a wide range of alternatives to choose from depending upon their fields of interest and capabilities.
iii. Government jobs call for greater responsibilities compared to the private sector. Hence, it allows candidates to significantly contribute to society and derive considerable amount of satisfaction by discharging duties to the best of their abilities.
iv. Government jobs provide security and even today has a good reputation in the society.
Based on your answers and the interviewer’s interest, they may ask you questions pertaining to the details given by you. Which can comprise of the following questions.
- Why did you choose this career?
- Tell us about your education?
- When did you decide on Banking career?
- Aren’t you over qualified for this position?
- How will your professional knowledge be helpful in the Banking career?
- Do you have any plans for further education?
- Do you have any actual work experience?
- What have you been doing after graduation?
- Why are you leaving your current position? (for working professionals)
- What other career options do you have?
- What goals do you have in your career?
- How do you plan to achieve these goals?
- What do you know about banking?
- Why do you want to work in the Banking industry?
- About important products from various banks, tag lines)
- Why are you interested in our company?
- Why don’t you join some private company?
- How is your professional knowledge useful for our organization?
- Why should I hire you?
- What will you do if you get a better offer?
- Who is your role model?
- What are your short-term goals?
- What is your long-term objective?
- Where do you see yourself, five years from now?
- What is your greatest strength?
- What is your weakness?
- What are your hobbies?
- Tell us about your extracurricular activities.
- Q’s related to your achievements?
- Are you a team player?
- Do you handle pressure well?
- Do you have any location preferences?
- Will you relocate?
For banking/Economics related Questions and answers for IBPS PO Interview 2017, click here