The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS), which is the body responsible for selection of candidates in the various banking profile such as Clerks, Probationary Officers and Specialist Officer posts in the member banks across the nation, has invited applicants for Clerical posts for this year. Interested candidates who want to choose banking as their career option are expected to visit the official website of IBPS www.ibps.in for more information. The online registration for the IBPS Clerk 2016 Examination is going to begin from August 22, 2016. Candidates need to register on the official website www.ibps.in by September 12, 2016. Application fees have to be paid by September 12, 2016.
Selection Procedure for IBPS Clerk Examination 2016
The candidates are selected based on their performance in the Preliminary and Mains written tests, conducted by IBPS. Both, Preliminary and Mains written examinations are going to be held online, through various examination centres across the country.
Preliminary written test:
- The examination is of 100 marks and contains three major papers namely, English Language, Numerical Ability and Reasoning Ability.
- The candidates will get a total time to 1 hour to solve the 100 questions in these three subjects.
- Upon clearing the prelims examination, results of which would tentatively be out by December, 2016, candidates will then be eligible to take the Mains written examination. This will be the final test in the overall selection process.
Mains written test:
- Candidates will have to answer questions under Reasoning, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, Computer Knowledge and General Awareness with special focus to Banking subjects.
- There will be 200 questions in total, which the candidates need to answer within 135 minutes.
- The marks of the prelims examination will not be taken into account for the final selection as it is of qualifying nature.
How to Apply Online for IBPS Clerk 2016 Examination
Candidates need to apply online by visiting the official website of IBPS and then click on the link ‘CWE Clerks’ in the home page.
- Upon clicking on the link, the candidates will get an option ‘Click here to apply online for CWE VI’.
- After clicking, the candidates will get the online application form.
- Candidates will also have to register themselves by entering their basic information in the online application form.
- Upon registering, the candidates will get their unique registration number and password, which they will have to use in future for further communication with the website and the examination authorities.
- The candidates must also keep their digital passport size photograph and signature ready, as they will have to upload the same to complete their application.
- The candidates will then need to make online payment of the application fees, in order to complete the application process.
The candidates, who successfully register themselves and complete the application, will be able to take up the Prelims examination after downloading their admit cards for the examination, which will be made available in the official website www.ibps.in on or after November 18, 2016.