HPSSSB is acronym for Himachal Pradesh Subordinate Services Selection Board and is powered by the Government of Himachal Pradesh. It has recently released the vacancy for Junior Engineer and the total number of posts vacant are 12 for Civil and 51 for Electrical.
Applicants should be totally aware of the eligibility criteria of the vacancy and should check before applying for the particular posts. Few of the main eligibility criteria are as follows:-
- Applicant should have a diploma of 3 years course for Junior Engineer posts (Civil / electrical)
- It is required that the applicants should read the instructions and other terms and conditions carefully on the official website.
- Applicant must have scored at least 55% in diploma course from a recognized university / institute.
- The age limit for the general candidates is 18 to 45 years and for reserved categories the age limit is 18 to 50 years.
- The selection of the applicant will be on the basis of the written test and personal interview.
Stay connected with fellow students on PaGaLGuY for HPSSSB JE Recruitment
The competition is tough and applicant should prepare really hard to excel in the selection process. The written examination will consists of General English, Hindi Language, General Knowledge, General Aptitude and Reasoning. The written objective test will be for two hours duration and will consists of 170 multiple choice questions which will be of 85 marks. Applicants can follow the below tips for preparing better:-
- General English – This section is considered to be the most scoring section and rigorous practice will make it easy to crack the examination. Applicants should also be aware of the syllabus and should cover the important topics like Antonyms, Sentence Completion, Tenses, Comprehension, Error Correction, Grammar, Theme detection, Unseen Passages, Conclusion, Verb & Adverbs, Fill in the Blanks, Vocabulary, Word Formation, Subject-Verb Agreement, Synonyms, Passage Completion, Sentence Rearrangement, Articles, and Idioms & Phrases.
- Applicant should know the weightage for all the subjects as it will help to make time table by using the subjects weightage. It is important to follow the plan and prepare the topics according to it.
- Applicants should always make the notes and revise them properly for each concepts of all the subjects.
- Applicant should regularly practise the solved papers and attend the mock tests as much as possible. This will help in understanding the strength and weakness of the applicant and can prepare the weakest section first.
- Applicants appearing for the HPSSSB JE examination should have only the required study material for each subject. It should be noted that too many books will confuse with the preparation so keep the best books to prepare for the examination totally.
- It is highly important that the applicant clears the doubt in any of the topic and not to keep with themselves or leave the topic. There are many coaching centres and some of them are also available online.
- The important key is to remember that success doesn’t come easily and applicants would need to really work hard to crack the selection process.