Dear PaGaLGuy readers, as we all know General Knowledge is an important component of a number of competitive examinations such as the UPSC Civil Services Examination, Banking Entrance Examinations, SSC CGL/CHSL Examination, MBA Entrance Examination, Combined Defence Service Examination, etc. In order to help you practise and improve your General Knowledge, we are providing you with this General Knowledge quiz.
Given below are a few questions from the actual General Studies paper of the UPSC Civil Services Examinations between 1995 and 2010. Leave your answers/ responses in the comments section below and soon we’ll let you know the correct answers!
1. Match List I with List II and select the correct answer using the codes given below:
List I List II
Surendranath Banerjee Hind Swaraj
M. K. Gandhi The Indian Struggle
Subhash Chandra Bose Autobiographical Writings
Lajpat Rai A Nation in Making
A B C D
4 1 3 2
1 4 3 2
4 1 2 3
1 4 2 3
2. The Latitude that passes through Sikkim also passes through
Jammu and Kashmir
3. The “Instrument of Instructions” contained in the Government of India Act 1935 has been incorporated in the constitution of India in the year 1950 as
Directive Principles of the State Policy
Extent of executive power of the State
Conduct of business of the Government of India
4. Which one of the following five year plans recognised human development as the core of all development efforts?
The third five year plan
The fifth five year plan
The sixth five year plan
The eight five year plan
5. Consider the following statements:
Every individual in the population is an equally susceptible host for Swine flu
Antibiotics have no role in the primary treatment of Swine flu
To prevent the future spread of Swine flu in the epidemic area, all swine (pigs) must be culled.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
1 and 2 only
2 and 3 only
1,2 and 3
To follow our UPSC portal on Facebook and Twitter, click on the following links: