Dear PaGaLGuY readers, as we all know, General Knowledge is an important component of a number of competitive examinations such as the UPSC Civil Services Examination, Banking Entrance Examinations, SSC CGL/CHSL Examinations, MBA Entrance Examinations, Combined Defence Service Examination, etc. In order to help you practise and improve your General Knowledge, we hereby present this General Knowledge quiz.
Given below are a few questions from the General Studies papers of the UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Examinations between 1995 and 2010. Leave your answers/ responses in the comments section below and soon we’ll let you know the correct answers!
1. Which of the following pairs is correctly matched?
(a) Battle of Buxar – Mir Jaffar v/s Clive
(b) Battle of Wandiwash – French v/s East India Company
(c) Battle of Chilianwala – Dalhousie v/s Marathas
(d) Battle of Kharda – Nizam v/s the East India Company
2. Where was the world summit on ‘Sustainable Development’ (Rio + 10) held?
(a) Davos (b) Nova Scotia (c) Johannesberg (d) Shanghai
3. Which of the following Constitutional Amendments states that the total number of Ministers in the council of ministers should not exceed 15% of the total members of the house of people?
(a) 90th (b) 91st (c) 92nd (d) 93rd
4. Which of the following Indian banks is not a Nationalised Bank?
(a) Corporation Bank
(b) Dena Bank
(c) Federal Bank
(d) Vijaya Bank
5. Cobalt – 60 is used commonly in radiation therapy because it emits?
(a) alpha rays
(b) beta rays
(c) gamma rays
(d) X – rays
To follow our UPSC portal on Facebook and Twitter, click on the following links: