Dear PaGaLGuY readers, as we all know, General Knowledge is an important component of a number of competitive examinations such as the UPSC Civil Services Examination, Banking Entrance Examinations, SSC CGL/CHSL Examinations, MBA Entrance Examinations, Combined Defence Services Examination, etc. In order to help you practise and improve your General Knowledge, we hereby present this General Knowledge quiz.
Given below are a few General Studies questions from previous years’ actual exams. Leave your answers/ responses in the comments section below and soon we’ll let you know the correct answers.
1. The satellites of which one of the following countries have helped in the preparation of a detailed and complete map of Antarctica?
2. The film “The Making of the Mahatma” has been directed by
(a) Peter Ustinov
(b) Richard Attenborough
(c) Shyam Benegal
(d) Mira Nair
3. The Basque separatist organisation is active in
4. Comet shoemaker-Levy 9 hit the planet
5. Which one of the following countries had in 1994 voted against joining the European Union?
6. which one of the following is true regarding the Jawahar Rozgar Yojana (JRY)?
(a) It was launched during the Prime Ministership of India Gandhi
(b) It aims at creating one million jobs annually
(c) The target group of JRY are the urban poor living below the poverty line
(d) Under the scheme 30% of the employment generated is reserved for women
7. Consider the following:
1. Industrial Finance Corporation of India
2. Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India
3. Industrial Development Bank of India
4. Unit Trust of India
The correct sequence in which the above were established is
(a) 1, 2, 3, 4
(b) 1, 3, 2, 4
(c) 4, 3, 2, 1
(d) 1, 4, 3, 2
8. The accounting year of the Reserve Bank of India is
9. The capital Account Convertibility of the Indian Rupee implies
(a) that the Indian Rupee can be exchanged by the authorised dealers for travel
(b) that the Indian Rupee can be exchanged for any major currency for the purpose of trade in goods and services
(c) that the Indian Rupee can be exchanged for any major currency for the purpose of trading financial assets
(d) None of the above
10. Economic Survey in India is published officially, every year by the
(a) Reserve Bank of India
(b) Planning Commission of India
(c) Ministry of Finance, Govt. of India
(d) Ministry of Industries, Govt. of India
To follow our UPSC portal on Facebook and Twitter, click on the following links:
SSC – CGL: