The Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, the organising institute for GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) 2017 released FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) on the official portal on December 29, 2016. Below are a few important instructions released in FAQs, related to the admit card and the exam.
– Candidates must carry a valid original photo identification, whose details have been entered while filling the application form. Candidates will not be permitted to take the exam without it.
– Candidates will get a scribble pad to the rough work, which must be returned after the exam. Also, do not carry a calculator, there will be a virtual scientific calculator on every computer.
– Candidates can wear a simple wrist watch which does not have any fancy features or any calculation device.
– Candidates must make sure that their signature and photograph is legible in the print-out. It is preferable to take a colour print-out of the admit card on an A4 size sheet.
– Candidates must report at the centre about 60 minutes before scheduled commencement of exam. They will be allowed to enter the examination hall only 35 minutes before the exam.
– The forenoon session starts at 9am, and the afternoon session starts at 2pm. Candidates will not be allowed to enter the examination hall after 9.30am for the forenoon session, and 2.30pm for the afternoon session.
Read the FAQs as released on the portal here.