CMAT is the short form of the Common Management Admission Test. This is an online computer-based test which is conducted by the National Testing Agency, India. It is a national level admission test that is to facilitate institutions to select suitable students for admission in all management programs and is approved by AICTE. CMAT score is accepted by more than 2500 institutes and about one lakh student appears for the examination every year.
Important Dates CMAT 2018:
- Application window opened on 20th Oct 2017
- Application window closed on 18th Dec 2017
- Admit Cards were issued by 2nd week of January 2018
- The exam was conducted on 21st January 2018
- Results were published on 15th February 2018
- Score Cards were available on15th Feb 2018
Criteria to Qualify:
- Candidates must be graduate in any stream or discipline from a recognized college or university, to be eligible for the exam.
- Candidates in their final year of graduation (10+2+3) can apply however their results have to be declared before the commencement of admission for the academic year 2018-19.
- CMAT exam can be given at any Age.
- College Cut offs are initially based on the CMAT scores. The basis which the students are called for subsequent rounds. A student must get a minimum score else will not qualify for interview call.
- Post written exam, the applicants are screened based on their CMAT test score and several other criteria before called for the GD/ PI round by the affiliated institutes.
- Each college has their own selection criteria. It is mainly based on CMAT score, candidate’s academic record, work experience, experience quality, etc. Some institutes have GDs, and some may have an essay-writing round.
- Personal Interview round mainly evaluates confidence, self-awareness, communication skills and leadership skills
CMAT 2018 Exam Analysis
- CMAT 2018 was held on January 20, 201
- The exam paper had easy to moderate level questions, and if the candidate is fast in selecting and rejecting answer options s/he could score well.
Exam Pattern of CMAT:
- It’s an online exam.
- The exam is of total 100 questions, 4 sections each consisting of 25 questions.
- Every question carried 4 marks of which 1 mark is deducted for every wrong answer.
- The exam period is of 180 minutes.
CMAT Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation Analysis
- The questions in this section is mainly on conventional areas.
- 3 to 4 questions were from Geometry and Mensuration, and the rest Quantitative Technique questions were from Arithmetic.
- The questions vary from easy to moderate difficulty.
- A candidate who attempted between 21-23 questions in this section had a relatively good score.
CMAT Logical Reasoning Analysis
- In this section of Analytical Reasoning dominated the section along with only one or two questions from Verbal Reasoning.
- Logical reasoning analysis had topics from topics like grouping, distribution, arrangement, comparison, coding/decoding, sequence, blood relation etc.
- A candidate who attempted around 20-22 questions in this section again leads to score well.
CMAT Language Comprehension Analysis
- 4 passages are given with 1passage having six questions, and rest 3-4.
- The section was easy to read and comprehend, except one or two questions.
- The questions were largely factual and could be answered easily.
- Verbal ability questions were from areas such as, FIJ, antonym and synonym and sentence completion.
- To score well candidate needs to attempt around 21-23 questions.
CMAT General Awareness Analysis
- In this section 4-5 question were from current affairs
- Anyone who is a regularly updated on the current affairs or has a good knowledge of what’s going on in the world could have attempted 3-4 questions quite easily.
- General Awareness questions were from Science, Awards, Politics, etc.
- To score well candidate needs to attempt around 18-20 questions.
To score 99 sectional Percentile Cut Off
|Section||Count of Attempts||90% accurate attempts percentile||80% accurate attempts percentile||70% accurate attempts percentile|
|Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation Analysis||20-22||99||98||96|
|Language Comprehension Analysis||19-21||99||98||95|
|Logical Reasoning Analysis||18-20||99||98||95|
|General Awareness Analysis||16-18||99||97||95|
An overall score of 228 will get 99 percentiles while a score of 190 marks gets 95 percentiles in CMAT 2018.
|Overall score||Cut off percentile|
Basically, if a candidate attempts 86-88 questions with decent accuracy can expect to fetch a good score.
To Discuss More About CMAT 2018 Exam Excpected Cut Off With Fellow Aspirants Click Here.