TATA Institute of Social Sciences organizes the exam of TISSNET as a national level postgraduate entrance exam. The exam is conducted for the various master programs offered in TISS campuses including Mumbai, Guwahati, Chennai, MHAT Calicut, Hyderabad, Tuljapur and G-SET Ranchi. Candidates have an option of choosing from various 53 master’s degree programs offered in the campus of TISS. There is no MBA program offered by TISS university, but they offer MA in Human Resources Management and Labor Relations program available only at Mumbai campus. Also, there are numerous programs offered in various areas like social work, health, management, development, etc. available on its Mumbai, Tuljapur, Guwahati, and Hyderabad centers.
When and How is TISSNET conducted?
TISSNET is Computer based exam that consists of objective type questions. It would be conducted on January 19, 2019, from 2 p.m to 3.40 p.m in their various centers. The examination consists of 100 marks, PIT for 50 marks and there is interview for 75 marks. Overall there is a total of 225 marks. There are no negative markings in the examination and candidate gets time span of 100 mins ( 1hour 40 minutes) of time to attempt 100 questions. There are no sectional time limits. The exam is divided into the following sections:
- General Knowledge with a total number of 40 questions and 40 marks overall.
- Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning consist of 30 questions with total 30 marks.
- English Proficiency includes 30 questions with a total of 30 marks.
TISS selection process includes two stages and three components. After the candidates appear for TISSNET, they would be selected as per their performance or scores. The shortlisted candidates would step forward for Pre-Interview Test (PIT) and Personal Interview (PI). Pre-Interview test would be held as a Written Test.
Click Here To Discuss TISSNET 2019 MBA Entrance Exam With Fellow Aspirants.
TISSNET Eligibility Criteria
- Minimum 3 years of bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a well-known institute.
- Candidates in final year of graduation can appear for the exam. But those candidates who have not passed their previous years are not eligible to apply.
- There is no age bar.
- A candidate can attempt multiple times.
TISSNET Application Form
TISSNET application form is available online on their official portal. Candidates can attempt for a maximum of 3 programs in two campuses of TISS.
TISSNET Exam Pattern
- The exam will be of 100 multiple choice questions consisting of various subjects like Social Sensitivity, Knowledge of Contemporary issues, Logical Reasoning, Analytical Ability.
- There is no negative marking
- The duration of exam is 100 minutes.
- Pre-Written Test will have two sections. First one will involve essay writing about 1000 words on the assigned topic. While section two will include the questions related as per given case study.
The exam is based on logical reasoning, analytical ability, English proficiency, and general knowledge.
Logical Reasoning includes:
- Alphabet and Number Series
- Venn Diagram
- Linear/Circular/Family Arrangement
- Logical Connectivity
- Statement Conclusion/ Assumption/ Arguments.
- Multiple graphs
- Double pie chart
- Case lets
- Line graph
- Bar graph
- Data Comprehension
- Sentence Correction
- Word Substitute in Sentence
- Odd One out
- Error Spotting
- Purpose of Passage
- Flaw and Discrepancy
- Assumption and Supporting Statement
- Strengthen and Weaken
- Inference and Conclusion Drawn
- The main idea of the passage
- Author’s Point of View
- Passage-based questions
- Environment and Ecology
- Economy/ Policy
- Time and work
- HCF, LCM
- Time and Distance
- Mixtures and Allegations.
Tips for Cracking TISSNET
- The exam if from moderate to difficult level.
- Candidates should emphasis more on basic concepts and solving mock questions.
- Practice on a daily basis for reading comprehension and grammar practice.
- Prepare for at least 5 mocks before appearing for an actual entrance exam.
- Speed is Key Factor, you can improve by intensive workshops designed for TISSNET.
- Study material is a vital factor as most of the topics are general math and English. But a candidate needs to focus on all the sections, you can check some important list of books that would help you for cracking exam.
- You can download previous year questions papers and sample papers available online. Candidates get an idea about the type of questions and guide for exam structure.
Results would be declared on their official portal on 27 January 2019. The results would be available online, there are no hard copies of scorecard sent by post or mail to any candidates. The results could be obtained by entering your credentials like email ID and Password that are allotted at the time of registration. After the results are declared there would be merit list prepared for candidates who attend Pre-Interview Test, Personal Interview.
All the Best!