The Defence Research and Development Organisation, abbreviated as DRDO, is the body that works under the Ministry of Defence for the development and growth of the military through research and scientific inquiry. Its goal is to incorporate highly advanced science and technology into the defence services of India which will help them to be equipped with internationally competent systems.
To have the opportunity to work within DRDO is extremely prestigious. The Defence Research and Development Organisation has announced the recruitment opportunity for the posts of Research Associate (RA) and Junior Research Fellowship (JRF). Candidates who are eligible can apply for the posts.
The DRDO has released a detailed notification with regard to the details of the recruitment. It comprises of all essential details such as educational qualification, the procedure for the interview, other instructions etc.
|Last date of application for both the posts||20th October 2019|
|Walk-in interview for the post of Research Associate||6th November 2019
|Walk-in interview for the post of Junior Research Fellowship||5th and 6th November 2019
In order to access the notification, candidates can follow a few simple steps –
- STEP-1 : Visit the website of the Recruitment and Assessment Centre by DRDO, which is https://www.rac.gov.in/
- STEP-2 : Under the latest Recruitments at RAC, candidates must click on the Advertisement No. ADE/HRD/02/2019, which was published on 27th September 2019.
- STEP-3 : Click on the option that states ‘View Advertisement’
- STEP-4 : The detailed notification will be downloaded automatically in a PDF format.
- STEP-5 : Save the notification in a secure folder on the computer or take a printout.
Here are some important dates pertaining to this recruitment drive. Candidate must make a careful note of these –
- Application process begins on 30th September 2019
- Last date of application for both the posts : 20th October 2019
- Walk-in interview for the post of Research Associate : 6th November 2019
- Walk-in interview for the post of Junior Research Fellowship : 5th and 6th November 2019
Some of the basic eligibility criteria mandatory for making the application for any of the posts are as follows –
- A PhD in the relevant subject for the post of RA.
- A B.Tech. or M.Tech. degree for the post of JRF.
- Maximum age of application for RA is 35 years.
- Maximum age of application for JRF is 28 years.
There are a total of 10 vacancies available for both the posts. Only 1 post is available for Research Associate whereas as 9 posts are available for 4 different disciplines in case of Junior Research Fellowship. Candidates who successfully make their online application are eligible to appear of the walk-in interview. The interview will be conducted in Bengaluru in the following address –
Aeronautical Development Establishment, Defence Research and Development Organisation, Raman Gate, Suranjandas Road, New Thippasandra Post, Bengaluru – 560075
The candidate selected for the post of Research Associate all get a salary of Rs 40,000/- whereas those selected for the Junior Research Fellowship will be allotted a stipend of Rs 25,000/- per month.