This quiz consists of questions from past
MAT actual papers. Leave your answers/ responses in the comments section below
and soon we’ll let you know the correct answers!
Directions (Questions 1-5): Each of the questions below consists of a
question and two statements numbered I and II given below it. Decide whether
the data provided in the statements are sufficient to answer the question. Mark
(1) if the data in statement II alone are sufficient to answer the
question, while the data in statement I alone are not sufficient to answer the
(2) if the data in statement I alone are sufficient to answer the question,
while the data in statement II alone are not sufficient to answer the question.
(3) if the data even in both statements I and II together are not
sufficient to answer the question.
(4) if the data in both statements I and II together are necessary to
answer the question.
1. What is the absolute difference between two numbers?
I. 60% of the bigger number is equal to the smaller number.
II. Half of the bigger number is 5 less than the smaller number.
2. What is the ratio between the present ages of father and his son?
I. Ratio of the present ages of father 20 years before and son 10 years
before was 2 : 1.
II. Sum of the present ages of father and son is 50 years.
3. Which newspaper has the maximum circulation in Delhi?
I. 2 lakh copies of newspaper X are sold in Delhi while the circulation of
newspaper Y is estimated at 3 lakh.
II. The circulation of newspaper Y is 55 per cent of the total circulation
4. What is the profit per cent earned by a shopkeeper on selling the
article in his shop?
I. Labelled price of the article sold is 110% of the cost price.
II. Cost price of the article is Rs 1200.
5. How many hours a day must 4 pumps work to empty a conical tank in 1 day?
I. 3 pumps working 8 hours a day can empty another tank in 2 days.
II. The other tank has twice the floor area and one-and-a-half time the
depth of the original tank.
6. Mr Katial buys a house for Rs 1,00,000 and rents it. He puts 12.5% of
each month’s rent aside for upkeep and repairs, pays Rs 325 per year as taxes
and realizes 5.5% annually on his investment. The monthly rent is:
(1) Rs 554.76
(2) Rs 634.76
(3) Rs 654.76
(4) None of these
7. A batsman has a certain average of runs for 12 innings. In the 13th
innings he scores 96 runs thereby increasing his average by 5 runs. What is his
average after the 13th innings?
(1) 64 (2) 48 (3) 36 (4) 72
8. What should be subtracted from 15, 28, 20 and 38 so that the remaining
numbers may be proportional?
(1) 4 (2) 2 (3) 6 (4) None of these
9. A and B enter into a partnership with Rs 50,000 and Rs 60,000
respectively. C joins them after x months contributing Rs 70,000 and B leaves x
months before the end of the year. If they share the profit in the ratio of 20
: 18 : 21, then the value of x is:
(1) 3 (2) 9 (3) 6 (4) 8
10. A cash payment that will settle a bill for 250 chairs at Rs 50 per
chair less 20% and 15% with a further discount of 5% on cash payment is:
(1) Rs 8075 (2) Rs
7025 (3) Rs 8500 (4) None of these
To get fresh updates about MBA exams on your Facebook & Twitter
timelines, subscribe to our pages created specifically for them. We will post
only exam specific links on these pages:
3(1) 4(3) 5(3) 6(1)
7(3) 8(2) 9(1)