Urjit Patel appointed as 24th Governor of RBI
- Union Government has appointed Urjit Patel (52) as new Governor of Reserve Bank of India (RBI). He will be 24th Governor of RBI He will have tenure of three years and shall succeed Raghuram Rajan. Prior to this appointment (elevation) he was Deputy Governor of RBI. He will be the eighth Deputy Governor to be elevated as Governor at RBI.
- The Appointment Committee of Cabinet (ACC) has appointed Urjit Patel based on the recommendation of the Financial Sector Regulatory Appointments Search Committee (FSRASC), headed by the Cabinet Secretary. The Committee undertook an extensive exercise to suggest a panel of names to the ACC.
India ranks 39th in Asia Pacific on fixed broadband: UNESCAP Report
- India ranks a low 39th in terms of fixed broadband adoption in the list of 53 Asia Pacific countries. It was revealed by the recently released report ‘State of ICT in Asia and the Pacific 2016: Uncovering the Widening Broadband Divide’. It was published by United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP).
Intel unveils Project Alloy device creating merged reality
- Tech giant Intel has unveiled Project Alloy, a device that creates merged reality. Project Alloy is a headset that uses the RealSense technology to enable people to use their hands to interact with elements of the virtual world without using cables to connect computer.
BRICS women Parliamentarian’s forum begins in Jaipur
- The meeting of BRICS women parliamentarian’s forum has begun in Jaipur, Rajasthan. BRICS is the grouping of Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa. The two day meeting was inaugurated by Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan. A total of 43 delegates from member countries are participating in the meeting.
- The meeting will see the participation of 5 women parliamentarians from Brazil, 3 from Russia, 28 from India, 2 from China and 4 from South Africa. There will be plenary session on the theme of ‘Perspectives on implementation of SDGs’ at the Rajasthan Vidhan sabha.
Here is a list of last four articles on Current Affairs and the Monthly Bullet on Current Affairs for SSC