Students who are seeking admission in the Consortium of Medical Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka in undergraduate engineering courses are required to give COMEDK UGET exam 2019. The COMEDK has released the eligibility criteria for candidates interested in taking admission in various engineering courses. The various parameters included in the eligibility criteria include age, nationality, qualifying exam, subjects, minimum percentage etc. The candidates who do not fulfil all the parameters of the eligibility criteria will not be permitted to give the exam. The online application form is already released on January 16, 2019 and the last date for submission is April 19, 2019.
Candidates can get admission in a total of 190 participating institutes through this exam. Around 20,000 seats are offered for qualified candidates of COMEDK 2019.
The COMEDK UGET-2019 will be held on May 12, 2019. The online application form is available on the official website from January 16, 2019 to April 19, 2019.
The mock test will be available on the website from February 5, 2019. The candidates can also edit their details from April 20, 2019 to April 22, 2019. The admission ticket will be available for the students from May 3, 2019 to May 11, 2019. The result will be declared on May 27, 2019. The counselling session will start second week of June and will continue till all seats are filled in all 190 institutes.
Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech and B.E Programmes
The eligibility criteria for various B.Tech and B.E Programmes are given as below:
The candidates must have appeared in second PUC or 10+2 Higher Secondary or any equivalent examination recognized by central or state government to be eligible to give the COMEDK UGET-2019.
The candidates should have Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as their main subjects in last two years of 10+2 or other equivalent qualifying exam.
- For general category candidates, they must have scored at least 45 % aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The individual qualification in these exams is also compulsory.
- The SC, ST and OBC category candidates of Karnataka state need to have 40 % aggregate in Physic, Chemistry and Mathematics. The individual qualification in each subject is also compulsory.
Eligibility Criteria for B.Tech/B.E. Programmes in Biotechnology/Biology
The candidates should have Physics and Mathematics as their main subjects along with one of the optional subjects from Chemistry, Biotechnology, Computer Science or Electronics. The eligibility criteria prescribed by AICTE will be adapted in case of any changes.
The diploma candidates are not eligible to give this exam as no lateral entry admissions are permitted.
Eligibility Criteria for B.Arch
- The candidates must have appeared in second PUC or 10+2 Higher Secondary or any equivalent examination recognized by central or state government to be eligible for admission in B.Arch.
- The candidates need to have completed their 10+3 diploma recognized by central or state government to be eligible for B.Arch.
Candidates should have mathematics as one of the main subjects along with other subjects.
- For general category candidates, they must have scored at least 50 % aggregate in qualifying subjects. The individual qualification in these exams is also compulsory.
- The SC, ST and OBC category candidates of Karnataka state need to have 45 % aggregate in qualifying subjects. The individual qualification in each subject is also compulsory.
The candidates should have qualified NATA or JEE Main Paper 2 before applying for admission to B.Arch Programmes through COMEDK UGET. NATA is a recognized aptitude test which is conducted by council of Architecture.
There will be no entrance exam for candidates seeking admission in B.Arch course. The candidates seeking admission to B.Arch have to do separate registration for counselling as per notification on official COMEDK website.
The candidates are classified as General and Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribes or Other Backward Classes or belonging to Tulu/Christian minority communities and also belonging to Hyderabad Karnataka (HK) Region. The reservation is for local persons of HK region as per order of Karnataka Government. However reservation is not provided to other categories but the candidates who produce eligibility certificates for SC/ST/OBC categories get percentage concession for qualifying exam.