It is T minus 30, and if you are going to appear for CAT, make the most of this countdown. Remember, we can help you with the skeleton, but you must give it your blood, muscle and sweat. Let’s take it from the top.
You read the right word, “fun”, now let’s find out how.
Just like you would need to fine-tune your driving skills before taking to the road, the CAT prep is entirely about fine-tuning your mind. How? Regularity in activities which are enjoyable and informative at the same time.
Dedicate a timetable, whether daily or weekly to keep solving Rubik’s Cube, crosswords and Sudoku. Ensure that you are reading the editorials along with the headlines and know about Kremer as much about Banerjee! Here are some other useful pointers:
- Read wiki links related to Art, Culture and Sociology
- Enjoy acquiring General Knowledge
- Read blogs about MBA and success stories in business fields.
- One mock per week is enough! But remember to do a 2+2+2-hour analysis for a mock of 1/1/1 hour without fail. The sectional understanding of solutions will help you with every test
- Don’t forget to talk about general matters with your mentors!
- To sum up, discipline is the key. CAT 2019 can be cracked with an average 2–3 hours of smart study daily
- Stay focused without pressure and be confident
The CAT exam tests your aptitude, which develops over time. Remember, it is not a crash diet where you will lose 30 kgs in 30 days! Believing that you have prepared yourself well, the last month should be to enjoy the ride now.
You have a fair grip over numbers, language is a mode of expression, and critical thinking is your second nature. The questions will only refresh your skills in these areas, so tail off the fears and rocket towards the solution!
To keep things in one place here’s providing you with the sketch of the CAT exam:
The question paper consists of 200 multiple choice questions divided into 5 sections.
|Section||No of Questions||Time|
|Data Interpretation and Analysis||40||35|
|Indian and Global Environment||40||15|
Another crucial tenet to keep in mind before you plunge into the countdown is to know your strengths and weaknesses well. Your daily timetable should encompass balanced revision covering these two sections. Dedicate more to the weak sections and time yourself for your strong sections.
Stay connected with fellow students on PaGaLGuY for CAT 2019 Admit Card Released – PaGaLGuY
In this age of Google answers, don’t forget to maximize the use of screen time:
- Watch an inspirational movie every week
- Read a motivational novel
- Note down one good thing you have achieved, everyday; could be the speed of solving a sum! Also, note what you have missed in the day in your prep
Now that the dos are covered, let us walk through some crucial Don’ts:
- Do not study continuously, relentlessly, machine-like. Remember, machines don’t have the aptitude (wink)!
- Don’t read unnecessary articles researching about CAT
- Don’t get stuck and forget to move
- Don’t concentrate only on your strengths
- Don’t compete with others; prove your worth to yourself
This is the only way you can breeze into the CAT countdown! With the necessary lifestyle change, you can achieve lifelong success. And, do not become paranoid and not turn up at the exam centre. If you don’t buy a lottery ticket, what are your chances of winning?